Engine bay detail

-

Airstream65

Reaction score
Im Finishing up the engine bay detailing, and just received the new Cold case rad. I’m really torn about whether or not to paint it black! It’s so pretty in aluminum, but, my plan was to make it appear originalish. I’m waiting for the Eastwood rad paint, but not sure which direction to go!

17BEB93F-6BD4-48FF-A0D5-AB40598C4B09.jpeg

I've always been partial to radiators in the original black.
But, if you really like the aluminum look, go for it. You're past the "originalish" point anyways.

If your gonna paint the rad u need to paint the intake. Personally I don't mind the look of a few simple upgrades. Very nice ride!

I've always been partial to radiators in the original black.
But, if you really like the aluminum look, go for it. You're past the "originalish" point anyways.
Yeah, I know! It’s a bit of a resto mod under the hood, but, I’m trying to slightly de-modify a few things..kind of difficult with a stroked 340!

Make sure what type paint the Eastwood paint you have coming is. Enamel is ok to paint the tank with, but too thick to paint the fins in the core. I just had 2 copper/brass original radiators re-cored and the guy told me to only use thin lacquer paint on the core fins. He said enamel is too thick and will cut down on airflow.
I think yours looks fine just the way it is! :thumbsup:

I think it looks good...
Don't worry about the stroked part... If that starts showing you have much bigger problems....

I say it'll look good either way. If the top tank didn't have those beads rolled into it, I'd say leave it alone. But since it does, if you do decide to paint it black, it'll look real close to stock. Also, if it was mine, I would throw that rubber fuel hose in the ditch and hard line from the pump to the carburetor. It'll look much neater. @Johnny Dart is the dude to try and emulate the engine bay of. That guy's cars are works of art. Maybe he'll post a picture and make you drool since I tagged him. lol

Im Finishing up the engine bay detailing, and just received the new Cold case rad. I’m really torn about whether or not to paint it black! It’s so pretty in aluminum, but, my plan was to make it appear originalish. I’m waiting for the Eastwood rad paint, but not sure which direction to go!

View attachment 1716011405
Dude , She's pretty Hot! I would not sweat it! What CID is the 340? Poked AND stroked? Mopar Minds wanna Know!

View attachment 1716011405
Paint it.

-
Back