Engine bonnet paint treatments..

-

grassy

Reaction score
Our engine bonnet with have the dual snorkel scoop on it. Rather tan just painting the hood matte or semi gloss black ..is there any other treatment that looks good ?

Thanks
ian.

its your car....whatever you think looks good will look good
(and im only saying that because I am NOT pleased to see the colour change on the dart...I personally think the faded yellow (was it EL5?) looked much better then the purple you choose, but again it is your car)

my personal favorite hood treatment is the demon sizzler striping

there is one on this page with the hoodscoop you want

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=207673

BUT im not sure if the decal would fit your 75 hood
we do have a member on here who makes these decals and I bet he could custom make one to fit for you

If it was my car, it wouldn't be going Crazy Plum either but the Gold Fawn is not liked by any in the family :( . It is too strongly associated with the age of the first owner. The paint was in pretty good condition....was being the operative word.

The sizzler engine bonnet treatment is pretty cool....i shall present this around the kitchen table,,

I wonder of the paint guy could do the effect in paint ?

Thanks diymirage,

Ian.

attachment.php
DSC_0637.JPG

Nice comparison. I never really liked the dual black strips on the hood if im gonna go through the trouble of body working it its getting painted car color

the way the sizzler stripes work you still need to paint the center section (what looks like the widest stripe in the middle) yourself

My most favorite is an all satin black hood with body color underside
But I have always liked this style of Hood Black Out

Attachments

• 73 440 Duster.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 130
My most favorite is an all satin black hood with body color underside
But I have always liked this style of Hood Black Out

Do you have any pics of this car straight on ?

With the sizzler, I need to paint the middle stripe and the tiny stripes are add ons ?

Or like the one above only cut off at the rounding edge of the hood.

Attachments

• twisterbrochure.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 101
-
Back