Engine Builders please HELP!!!

-

FJ5

Reaction score
I'm building my first engine. 408 stroker based off of a 2000 5.9 magnum. What I have is
RHS Indy X heads with 2.02 valves. stainless steel roller rockers from hughes PN 1550. ARP rocker studs with Edelbrock guide plates.
Now 2 questions
Are the intake valves supposed to sit lower in the head? To explain... if i set a straight edge on the valve stems across the all the valves the intakes are all lower and not all the same amount. I'm talking like a 1/16"

question 2
the roller on one of the intake valves only contacts the stem on one side of the middle portion of the valve stem. is this a normal acceptance or is this not acceptable?

Not in my book is this normal. As far as the rocker it needs to be shimmed to contact the center of the stem. Can you post a picture with the straight edge and the rocker your talking about?

It's less important for stud mount rockers to have the exact same valve stem heights because the geometry can be addressed with the right individual pushrods. That being said - I'd never accept that situation. It's a pain in the *** and a sign of the shop not worrying about details.

Thanks. The heads are from hughes. I'm gonna call Tim tomorrow and see what's up.

B.S,unacceptable ! For the price,ask for proper machine work,or a refund. The are three more honest machinests, that can do better. IMM,MRL ,RAMM....Wow,I would have got throttled, by my ex boss for that.

-
Back