Engine Combo for the Demon Project

-

Dubob

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok all I haven't posted any updates on my Demon for a while, been too cold to do much. Here is what I am thinking of putting together for the engine combo and I wanted to get some input from members. The car is primarily being put together for street duty, with a trip to the strip once in a while just for the fun of it. 440 stock stroke .030 over running ross pistons. Block machined to give a true 10:1. Eddy 84cc heads not too exotic. Torker 2 or ??? on intake, Demon 800 or 850 vacuum secondary, forged crank, H beam rods with rotating assembly balanced. 727 tranny with torque converter and rear gears to match cam. Now the cam is the one I am tossing around. Wanna go roller. Hyd or mech lifters ? Here is the cam I am looking at. Want to know what you all think and what intake to go with it torker 2 or performer rpm? I have never run a mech cam and this one I think would achieve what I want. I plan on running schumacher tri y's. Please keep in mind I am NOT looking for all out performance but a good running street engine that'll open up when the loud pedal is mashed. I do not have any power accessories ie p/s or p/b. Of course matching valve springs etc will be used. Will it make good power and torque for what I am planning on? Lunati p/n 60331 rpm 2500-6600, lobe separation angle 110, adv duration 267 int 273 ex, duration @ .050 int 237 ex 243, intake lift .566 exhaust lift .578. What special requirements are needed to run the solids as far as block? I know I need a thrust button for the cam set up for the proper lash on the cam and a bronze oil pump drive. Will this combination give me the aggressive idle also? Past experience was a purple shaft 292 509 in a big block. I wanna do this right the first time and put together a reliable but fun combo. Thank you all for feed back in advance. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.Sorry long winded but I wanted to give all the info I could Brent.

I think you'll get what your looking for out of that combo. Choppy idle, good torque and HP.

IMO, I'd run the RPM intake and heads cleaned up into tti headers over the tri-y's myself.
The Purple cam's do idle with a bit of nasty-ness to them, but there closer to a strip duty cam that is streetable, though not the best, even back in the day.

Double check with the cam company and ask if you NEED to run the bronze gear or if they can make it so you can run a standard gear.

-
Back