Engine compartment colors

-

vwmoparguy

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to try real hard this weekend to paint my engine compartment. My car presently is white and the engine compartment is too.

I just looked at the Yellow car for sale ($25k, hmmmm, I don't think so). Anyways, it has a body colored engine compartment and people are poo-poo'ing it. Are they supposed to be black? Mine is a 65 Dart GT.

Body color. If you figure what you want for body- Sherwin Williams will make rattle cans for about $20.

They arent poo pooing about the color, Just the poor job done on it. Body color is correct.

Ok, I'm going to try real hard this weekend to paint my engine compartment. My car presently is white and the engine compartment is too.

I just looked at the Yellow car for sale ($25k, hmmmm, I don't think so). Anyways, it has a body colored engine compartment and people are poo-poo'ing it. Are they supposed to be black? Mine is a 65 Dart GT.

ALL mopar engine bays are body color from the factory with the exception of the wheel house fenders on C bodies and 75-79 B Bodies. that ride was getting tore up because the engine bay paint doesnt match and it was poorly done with spray paint

Although I painted mine black to see what it would look like the only color is body color. (I am still undecided which color to paint the outside) lol tmm

Attachments

• engine 296.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 158
Thanks guys. I re -read it and only one guy said something about it not being black and it was probably a joke anyways.

I guess I over reacted because I'm putting alot of effort into my engine compartment........blasting everything, etching primer, and a top coat. I have already bought all the materials and it will be white.

Maybe I 2nd guessed myself because of that one comment and the fact that mine is white above the frame rails and black below. Also black from the core support forward. :eek:ops:

-
Back