Engine Compartment Harness question

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hello all. Yes its the newbie with lack of knowledge again..........I have a 67 Dart. I was a bit bored and it was cold out so i brought a few items in the house to tinker with. I decided to tackle the wiring harness for the engine compartment...........Approx. 1 hour later of untangling the flippin thing i realized that this harness is for a newer Dart:scratch:.......So my question is.........67 Dart with a im guessing a 73 harness.........Will it work? I see the connection to the fire wall is different. It wont plug in. If it dosent work then i will have to get rid of it and get one that will............Any help in this matter is big time appreciated...........Thanks Nite Moves.............AKA Edd:thumbup:

Any chance you can post a picture so we can see what you are talking about?

Do you know which style Voltage Regulator it has. does the harness have a rubber triangle plug on it?
5312small.jpg

not sure if it work or not. at the very least you'll have to pull the wires from the bulk head and run them where they belong.

To be honest..........I took it out to the garage and looked at the firewall box..........With whats at the end of the harness theres no way it will fit let alone match up to the prongs that are there and that arent?????????Im puzzled considering i was told the car was running at one time ...well approx. a year before i got it. Hmmmmmmmmmmm:scratch:

Edd, Is your car a /6 car?

Ed do your self a favor order a new engine forward harness,like I did.Tell them you have a 67 Dart and you want to upgrade to Electronic ingintion,You will get all new confections lights everything.It cost me 200 cheep insurance.

Evans Wiring for a brand-new, correct harness at a very good price.

Evans is garbage. Mine had wires that were too short and bad crimps all over it.

I agree. Get a new harness but Do yourself a favor and deal with year one. They sell the m&h harnesses. I've heard nothing but good things about those.

Evans is garbage. Mine had wires that were too short and bad crimps all over it.

I agree. Get a new harness but Do yourself a favor and deal with year one. They sell the m&h harnesses. I've heard nothing but good things about those.

X2 thatssss what I got.everything plug right in:thumblef:

Thanks everyone..........I appreciate all help i get here.......Even if its something i really dont want to hear...........I ask if i dont know...........Thanks again.

Thanks everyone..........I appreciate all help i get here.......Even if its something i really dont want to hear...........I ask if i dont know...........Thanks again.

if your looking to do your car on a budget you can use that harness if its in good shape, just take the bulk head wires and rea arange them to work with your interior harness, don't cut them just unpin and move them around. I used a 1979 dodge truck harness in a 1966 valiant and it works fine, I couldn't afford a new harness at the time

-
Back