Engine Cranking Stand Wiring How to

-

wedgehead

Reaction score
I bought a cranking stand and wondering how you guys are wiring them up for ignition and cranking wiring. Did you just follow a stock wiring schematic with the ballast and all .

I used a Ford starter relay and can run points or an MP orange box on mine. Wiring is quick and ugly so things can be changed easily, and the Gage's and wiring are one removable piece. The main "chassis" stays outside 24/7.

Yes I plan on using the Orange box and Mopar relay. Just wondering on how to
wiring up everything

Yup. And the ford relay's easier to wire. Least I thought so.

We wired ours up like it would sit in the engine bay. Ballast resistor and all, the brand we went with was a larrin start stand. Comes with all the gauges, oil, water, amp and tach. Paid around $250 for it to my front door. Everyone says "just break them in inside the engine bay". Yeah right, that's all great until you spring a rear main leak or something then you are pulling it out of probably a fresh painted bay or car and scratch the paint. Our start stand is adjustable for all size and makes of engines, and by wiring it to be the same as your bay when it comes time to fit the engine in you are already familiar with how to wire it in. Imo of course.

-
Back