Engine in car tomorrow---------

-
Amen on the Engine Envy . Congratulations on the big move forward !

All hail that engine bay, and the install!! They look great together!!! Keep up the good work!!

So, After failing to install the Gearvendors tailshaft housing on the stock small block transmission mount it appeared that modification was in order. It looked like moving the centerline of the stock holes up exactly 1" would do the job. Sunday, I modified the crossmember as shown and installed it tonight in the car. The results speak for themselves. There will be a more detailed story when I update my build thread with better photos but this was my solution. Still to be determined, shift linkage install and actual OD unit install. More to come.
Cheers and tomorrow is TGIF--------effin-AO:)
Lots of updates to show, I have been hitting it hard??
DR----------------:burnout:

Attachments

• TransMtmod.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 97
  • TransMt2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 87
My GV fit into the tunnel, behind my 360/A833 with just some minor massaging of the 68 Barracuda floorpan. I used a PST poly rear mount on a 73 X-member, and factory front biscuits, with a Schumacher strap.I did slot the tranny mount down;maybe about 3/8 inch.
Sorry to see you had to drop the tail so far.

My TTIs and dual 3inch exhaust runs pretty tight to the floor, cuz the engine is raised a bit, but probably, it would still clear that drop.

My install uses Schumacher Polyloc motor mounts and the Schumaker transmission mount as well. With stock exhaust manifolds I plan on Accurate exhaust head pipes and custom dual exhaust. Tomorrow I will center the tailshaft in the tunnel and install the actual GV OD unit. Then I will set car on wheels and use angle finder on drive yoke and driven yoke to see if I have to add camber shims to the rear leaf spring mounts to bring it into tolerance. Complicated business to get it right and all---------------------
DR----------

-
Back