Engine mount bad

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Just notice this today,I don't remember the 360 with a lean,I do have the left mount chained down,have a look see.

20230719_104117.jpg

20230719_103803.jpg

20230719_103759.jpg

I found 2 photos in the FSM for the placement of the biscuits. One placed the biscuits in a position that looked right but did not fit. The other fit fine but most of the biscuit was not in contact with the mounting surface

It was a struggle to get the wrong way biscuits installed.

Maybe one side is upside down OR you have a non 340/360 metal mount?

OR it's just broken and slipped!

Not 100 percent sure but 273 /318 are different than 340 /360

And truck biscuits are diferent.
slant mounts on the k frame are different than V8.

all could account for lean.

I think you may have an incorrect mount on there, Snake. Maybe have them on the wrong sides? Just thinkin out loud.

Hear is the lert side I can slide a knife blade just under the rubber maybe an eighth of an inch first is right side

20230719_113243.jpg

20230719_113153.jpg

The frame has slots in it, maybe loosen the bolts and see if it will move.

Alan

My 360LA had that same lean when I bought the car... it was the poly lock on the passenger side causing the tilt. Think if you swap out the passenger side mount you will likely be fine.

20200505_101137.jpg

Well I got new engine mounts and biscuits, I ran an extra bolt through the 2 the mounts should stay together for a long time take that you 360 tourq monster just have to get them in not to motivated right now.

20230824_175318.jpg

Careful raising the engine

Watch the dist to firewall and the fsm says to disconnect some of the accelerator linkage.

Is your second thru bolt loose?

Drive line torque in forward gear pulls the driver's side biscuit apart. This destroyed a lot of the OEM fan shrouds. Passengers side biscuit gets pushed down and sideways right toward left. I've heard stories of engine and trans moving so far that shifter moved to neutral and caused over rev'. The later models spool type fail safe mounts at engine and trans are much better design.

Drive line torque in forward gear pulls the driver's side biscuit apart. This destroyed a lot of the OEM fan shrouds. Passengers side biscuit gets pushed down and sideways right toward left. I've heard stories of engine and trans moving so far that shifter moved to neutral and caused over rev'. The later models spool type fail safe mounts at engine and trans are much better design.
I agree on spool

-
Back