Engine mount carnage

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Well I got time to change the mounts ,driver side almost tore in half passenger side not to good either, they wear 2 years old.went with Mancini will see how they do against the torque monster. I am glad I had the left side chained up.

20231022_141653.jpg

I put a solid on the drivers side and left the isolater on the pass side on my Dart. Problem solved,

Torque strap is also good.
A tight piece of steel chain works well too.
Syleng1

Don, didnt you have a thread where engine was sitting uneven? Could it be a "mounting" issue vs a "mount" issue?
Glad ya caught it.

A chain wrapped around the motor mount bracket and around the k member with a piece of allthread. Leave 1/8" play, no transmitted vibration and no broken motor mounts. Been doing this for 40 years, never broke a mount. I had a friend build a 68 GTS clone from a 6 cyl car. He paid dearly for an original 614 shroud. I told him to put a chain on it, he's a perfectionist, said that would look ugly. A couple months later, he called and asked me to watch for a shroud, he said-I wish I would have listened to you.

A 3/8" countersunk bolt through the biscuit mount with a nyloc nut will do the same thing as a length of chain or other torque strap device and not look as goofy. Just another option.

I use a 440 source cable on each side (fore-aft) of the driver side mounts and no issues so far after some spirited driving this summer.

I don't care for poly engine mounts. They tend to lose rigidity over time with heat/oil contamination allowing the engine to move around.

A 3/8" countersunk bolt through the biscuit mount with a nyloc nut will do the same thing as a length of chain or other torque strap device and not look as goofy. Just another option.
Fine idea and not a thAng wrong with it.

Could the level issue have caused the mount issues? Glad the level problem is solved.
I believe there is a thread on here about the polyloc mounts failing?
Steve yes i had a thread on sitting uneven,now its level,so glad.

I used the Shumacher poly mounts in my Dart for five years. 500 ft/lbs of torque and sticky tires, never had a problem with them. They are pricey but worth it to some people.

I am going to reuse the left one on my Duster with even more torque in the new engine. That will be a good test of their strength.

-
Back