Engine mounts

-

Black_Betty

Reaction score
When switching from a small block to a big block in a 68 Dart, what parts are different as far as engine mounts/ rubber isolators go? Are they all the same?

...............The mounts on the K frame are different making the engine brackets different.............the rubber isolators are also unique to each.......u could get conversion mounts [engine brackets and isolators] from Schumacher Creative services or maybe Trans Dapt........kim.......

trans dapt #4698 smallblock to bigblock swap mounts

Save yourself a lot of trouble and get a 73 or newer K-member. By the time you are done cutting for the biscuit style conversion mounts you'll wish you did.

While not an A body, my B body small block to big block swap required a cutting of the stock perch, which was quick & E-Z! Sooo non regrettable.

I have not done a s/b to b/b in an A body. Considering the instructions of the creative swaps made it so easy and clean, I'll never do a K frame swap.

One last thing about small to big swap in an A body, the BB K frame is an ultra rare K frame.

Schumacher creative services has all you need and the info is great.

I've done 2 A body SB to BB swaps. The cutting is easy. The amount you cut off is frightening. And when it's done the retaining ability is sketchy which is why they sell you a limiter strap.

Doing a K-member swap when the engine is out of the car is very easy. 4 bolts and the steering coupler.

What will also make this worthwhile for you is installing the engine and transmission and headers from underneath the car in one shot.

-
Back