Engine Rebuilder

-

dusterguy1962

Reaction score
I have a 318 that I blew due to driving while a hole was in the oil pan and the engine lost all of its oil. Need to have it rebuilt. Do not know anyone, but would like to find somebody that charges a reasonable and that I can trust. I live in Redlands California which is located in Southern California in San Bernardino County California. Any suggestions. Thanks.

I have a 318 that I blew due to driving while a hole was in the oil pan and the engine lost all of its oil. Need to have it rebuilt. Do not know anyone, but would like to find somebody that charges a reasonable and that I can trust. I live in Redlands California which is located in Southern California in San Bernardino County California. Any suggestions. Thanks.

if you ran the engine dry and either seized it up or spun a bearing it would be cheaper and easier to just pick up another runner and swap it in. 318 are all over the place and people are practically giving them away.

When a engine turns bearings...or wipes Journals.....it can get costly on a rebuild....

it would be easier for you to "freshen up and re-gasket and seal" another 318 and slip it in.....look for a 85-89 Chrysler 5th Avenue....they have Moly Rings, and Roller Cam, and 302' casting heads...and can be bought for cheap...like $150 for the complete carb-pan longblock.

MIGHT set you back $800 if done properly.

Good time to put a stroker crank in it... especially if the current crank is cracked.

If you want the cheapest way out, just replace it with another running 318.

Brian at IMM Engine is close to you. He is a member of this site, you can PM him at (ou812).

I will tell you where not to go. Wayne's Engines in Riverside. I will never, ever, ever, ever take any engine over there. The guys over at Dougan's are good. They kinda get pricey but well worth it.

-
Back