Engine Swap Issues and Questions

-

bama-a-body

Reaction score
ok the issue is quite simple i have a nice 2 dr swinger and can't decide if i should start the build with a 360 4bbl and a 727 tf which came from a 1979 dodge snow commando 4x4, plus the small block parts i already have a.k.a. hooker headers........... or i just got a 400 2bbl in a 1975 dodge adventurer 3/4 ton truck......... both would need schmaker mounts and car oil pans and pick ups ????? really have some confusion going on about this , wife says maker fly as long as it don't kill us ...... lol gotta love her ...... any input ??????

Mopar or No Car !!!!!!!!!!
happyness begins and ends in an A-Body8)

That's a toss up, I wouldn't consider the Hooker headers in the equation tho due to the hanging low tubes that will get crushed. I think I'd go 400, use the 440 Source heads and get some sweet torque. Will those TF's work since they are out of 4x4?

the tf i have is out of an older twd truck as well but i do have the 360 tq conv. and flex plate oh and what about headmen headers as for i have a set of them too

k joe you about got me convinced but still waiting on other posted questions to be answered as for i am on a very low budget build i will have to scavange most parts from wrecks or just plain dumb luck in finding them lol

-
Back