Engine swap shop in/near Los Angeles

-

ZMoberg

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a shop to swap/convert a /6 to a 5.9 magnum/transmission in a 69 valiant. Any input would be appreciated. I just want a basic turn key swap without the headache. I would love to attempt this myself but living in an apartment makes it difficult. Thank you in advance.

I'm in Chino and I'm really out of touch with mechanics. ...I do 99.9% of my own work.
Maybe someone else will chime in?
Oh....and welcome to the forum!

Jeff

Thanks man, I feel like that will be the response of most on here. I live in an apartment and have little free time with a 2 year old. Any direction would help...

So your looking for a shop to do this swap correct?

Do you have all the parts needed for this?

Pretty sure I have a mostly complete parts list, which was also one the reasons I was reaching out for experienced suggestions in case I don't.

I'm in no rush at the moment, just reading, compiling a list and where to get things. If I had the space I would love to try the swap myself but..such is life. =)

Dude, I've pulled my engine out and swapped the K-frame in my drive way. We can knock this out in one weekend (possibly in a day) if you have all the parts and stuff.

Are you going to use swap motor mounts or are you swapping out the K-frame? Do you have the complete engine, transmission, and driveshaft, u-joints, etc? Is it automatic or manual transmission?

If you have a Slant 6, then you probably have the 7 1/4" rear end. Are you upgrading that?

I can help if you want. A swap isn't that difficult.

But, you can also check out this place too. It's a DIY (Do It Yourself) Shop.

Your Dream Garage

I've been wanting to rent out a bay in order to custom fabricate some sub-frame connectors.

-
Back