Engine Swap

-

tony frost

Reaction score
I would greatly appreciat all the help I can get from the gentalmen on this site seems to be alot of knowledgable men. I have a 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger 225 Slant six and I just bought another 74 swinger with a 318ci. I'm swaping the drive trains out because of body conditions and I want a V-8 for sound and performance. The car will just be an old mans crusier with a little pep. This is what I got in mind so please help me. The 318 is all stock with a 2barl carb 86,000 miles but very sound. The guy I bought it from has had it sience 1997 and took good care of the engine. I would like to leave it all stock with some bolt on extras. Frist I was thinking upgrade the cam to a stock mopar 340 cam. Will that give it a little more get up power and will that give it a little cam lobbing sound but street friendly driving? Next 4barl carb and performance intake manifold but no ideal what to get. Last a good set of headers. I would like to stay under $1,500 and achive about 250hp. Well thats what I'm thinking guys is that doable or what?

Yup very do able get the edelbrock performer intake and a 600 cfm carb, the intake you can get for around 200$ and the carb about 100$+ then a set of headers from Summitracing 140$+ and of course dual exhaust with some good sounding mufflers.....

LOL, tanx Dawg.

On that toy, the following parts were used and therefore, quit a bit cheaper than new, so, if you have some time, skill to rebuild carbs and clean stuff up....

They were the rear, engine and trans, intake, carb, distributor. Shortened the OE drive shaft ($60) wheels You can find many parts right here in the For sale section.

New parts were Hooker headers ($179) and Jegs exhaust ($200 or so), rear springs (I forget, they were from ESP.com), swap kit (Schmaucher), shifter $100 - summit - B&M) Crane cam and springs.

It can be done cheaply. The engine & trans came from a car I all ready had. That car was $500.

OH! Excellent intake Duster731, good lookin out! Baxter is a good fella. I have delt with him before.

Duster731, Salty Dog, and rumblefish360 Thank You very much for your help and I do appreciate it very much. I will probably be asking for your advice in the furture. Once again Thank You. Tony

-
Back