Engine test stand

-

FISHBREATH

Reaction score
Have any of you guys built your own engine test stands? I would like to build one for engine break-in and testing. Do you have any wiring and tubing diagrams? How about necessary instruments?

Not yet but I will! Im going to make one where the engine mounts are easily adjustable to another engine mount,and it will also have gauges for oil psi and temp. I have several old rads to use with it. It will need to be low to the ground,that should make it more stable when the engine is running.My last one I dont know where it is now. Left it with a friend when we moved and havent seen either since,lol.

Mine is the front clip I chopped off of a '69 Charger, from the torsion bars forward. I stripped all the bolted-on sheetmetal off and added a few switches for ignition, etc. Whenever I'm not using it, I can just push it right behind the shop.

Thanks, fellas. I plan to build one this autumn.

The guy that does my machine work made a nice one...had a couple of different lake wood bellhousings that he drilled extra holes for different applications.. I`ll try to get picture if you would like... (Brookville Head & Block service)

I made mine out of scrap steel. It has a series of holes to adjust from big to small block, it's high enough that I can drop a pan while it's on there, run any basic header, and the gage pod, ignition module, and starter button are on a removable panel so I can leave the stand outside when it's not in use. I used larger tires too, so I can push it around even on the dirt. It works great.

Thanks, you guys. I need to do some brainstorming on how I want to build mine. I want it to be adjustable between small and big blocks.

-
Back