Engine tilted too much

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys had any idea why my engine is tilted way too much towards passenger side. Its making my carb levels uneven from side to side. Here is a picture of the carb tilted. Also i have spool mounts with poly type inserts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 274
I don't see where you posted what car this is on but it should be a simple adjustment of the motor mounts. The frame is slotted to make this adjustment.

I don't see where you posted what car this is on but it should be a simple adjustment of the motor mounts. The frame is slotted to make this adjustment.

Duster. I tightened the bolts with engine raised on that side and it just settled back down

Loosen the motor mounts on both sides and raise the motor a bit on the passenger side. I have had good luck with a floor jack and a block of wood under one side of the oil pan. As you raise the passenger side up, make sure the drivers side slides down a bit in the slot Lammio mentioned. It has always worked for me

how much of a tilt (degrees) are we dealing with. mts to rear of SB block ears I'm assuming. Any possibilty of a wrong mt? I'm assuming visually everything looks kosher on the sides? Just thinking out loud. post how it goes

Technically they are 318 mounts with a 360 block but only the drivers side is really different because of mounting point, i think that is all

I ain't positive but I'm wondering if one set of those type of spool SB mts for a particular app are taller/shorter than the others (318/360). all that is left is the height of the welded spool mt(s) on the k

Really? Nobody suggested power stalling it in reverse? You guys are slipping badly!
:snakeman:

I found a temp. solution, hopefully it lasts until I purchased my HDK!

-
Back