Engine tuning help!!!

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
I'm puttting a motor together- 1992 360 magnum roller, stock bottom end, hughes cam .544 lift intake and exhaust, 218@.050 intake, 228@.050 on a 106 degree, sweet spot 2300-6100 rpm ,with stock heads, mopar M1 dual plane, and a thermoquad put together by Demon Sizzler, and headers. 904 with a 3500 converter, reverse valve body and 3.91 out back on a 25 inch tire . I also will install an MSD with adjustable timing for both rate and amount of advance and with retard for the 150 nitrous shot. My goal is to have very crisp throttle response so I can fry the tires at will. Is there a "Nitrous for Dummies" or something like that
out there I don't really want' to mail order a book without knowing something about the book. Thanks

I'm puttting a motor together- 1992 360 magnum roller, stock bottom end, hughes cam .544 lift intake and exhaust, 218@.050 intake, 228@.050 on a 106 degree, sweet spot 2300-6100 rpm ,with stock heads, mopar M1 dual plane, and a thermoquad put together by Demon Sizzler, and headers. 904 with a 3500 converter, reverse valve body and 3.91 out back on a 25 inch tire . I also will install an MSD with adjustable timing for both rate and amount of advance and with retard for the 150 nitrous shot. My goal is to have very crisp throttle response so I can fry the tires at will. Is there a "Nitrous for Dummies" or something like that
out there I don't really want' to mail order a book without knowing something about the book. Thanks

The key to nitrous is the tune, not getting greedy, & building a solid shortblock & a good fuel supply, if you plan on running a 150 shot as a minimum, you should run forged pistons, you can get away with hypers, but they won't last long, & if it goes lean at all you chance shattering a piston, so to play it safe with stock pistons, i wouldn't exceed 125 shot. Always run a colder plug with a tighter gap, if i were you, start off with a 100 shot, don't just go for the gusto. On the kits, i've run several NOS brand in the past, but a 1st. ever NX system on my 97 camaro, i'll say it was night & day from any NOS kit i've run, they hit HARD!! I dropped a solid 1.3 tenths & over 13 MPH on just a 100 shot, & there was still a good 2 tenths left in the car, it was a 6sp., so driver error on the launch, i ran a window switch & a purge, also a bottle heater (very important) so you have the right pressure each time, the window switch is a nice device, you set your in/out RPM for the nitrous, the MSD will pull your timing, if you do your homework & ask alot of Qs from the Nitrous guys, it'll really help.

-
Back