Engine will not stop stalling

-

Lomax

Reaction score
Here's what I got going on. My Duster has been setting for awhile, I kept it cranked but haven't driven it. Well my daily driver decided it didn't want to run anymore so Im having to drive it daily back and forth to work. Problem Im having is no matter how long it sets and warms up, 2 minutes or 10 minutes, when you put it in gear (automatic), it dies. After you go down the road for a little bit it will stay running (like at a red light or stop sign) most of the time but feels like it under a load.
I haven't had a chance to look at anything, going to try to see whats up this weekend. Any idea's?
Thanks
-Will

Im sure its gummed up this new gas only has a shelf life of 30 day or less in the heat I would put a double dose of carb injector cleaner in it and take it on a 50mil. ride should fix it....Artie

Have you checked your vacuum hoses for dry rotting/vacuum leaks?

Maybe do a tune up.

A temporary fix may be to bump up your idle screw a bit for better driveability until you find the cause of the problem.

yeah, Im going to check all the vacuum lines this weekend since i'll finally be off work. Im not sure its carb related, it cranks and accelerates good, as long as its in neutral or park it idles good. Could still be a carb issue?

Im sure its gummed up this new gas only has a shelf life of 30 day or less in the heat I would put a double dose of carb injector cleaner in it and take it on a 50mil. ride should fix it....Artie

x2 my scamp sat more then I drove it before I put the 360 in it, had a hell of a time starting it up on the old gas, put fresh gas in and it started fine but would act the same as yours, I doubled up on the carb cleaner and drove the hell out of it, at first it would stumble off idle but now it's as it should be.

k. I'll put a can of sea foam in it for the trip home tonight, run it around for about a week and see what happens next

So far it hasn't made any difference. I may pull the carb off and give it a bath and see if that helps. Also about to start checking vacuum lines. I didn't have time on my last weekend off

-
Back