Enginetech parts

-

68coupe

Reaction score
I need to get some parts for rebuilding a 2001 5.2 Magnum. I noticed that RockAuto has a lot of listings for Enginetech parts. I did a search here and on Google, but can't find much information on the manufacturer and quality. Anybody familiar with Enginetech. I need a set of standard rod bearings and timing gears and chain, in particular.

Thanks

morning jim, I did the same thing with mine. went to autozone and got clevite rod bearings and a cloyes timing set. about as cheap as anywhere else. people either love em or hate em, but I also put a cloyes chain tensioner on mine. while you have the intake off, you might as well save yourself a lot of grief and change out the lower plenum gasket. dave.

When I first learned of them YEARS ago, their primary focus was the re-manufacturing industry with little or no retail business. Then, just before it folded, they got into the IROC series as a sponsor/supplier, I think to expand who they serve. Never heard anything bad about them. If they are on price point with what you want to do, go for it.

Mornin' to you, Dave! I have the engine out on this interference thing. Never have figured that out!
Anyhoo, I have a full gasket set, King main bearings, and Hastings piston rings. I figured while I have the engine back out, I would go ahead and throw some new parts in. The engine has 160k miles. Right now, I'm looking at Sealed Power bearings and timing gears and chain. They're about $80 from RockAuto.
I noticed that RockAuto has a lot of the Enginetech parts at a much lower price than the name brands.

Merry Christmas to ya Dave!

Why not just get a simple kit from mancini racing for the bearings? Try kit A or B in Sealed Power or Michigan Engine whichever you prefer, and they come with bearings and gaskets.

Most definitely the way to go for the LA engine, especially dollarwise. I will have to check to see if they have the kit available for a late model Magnum engine with kegger intake.

Enginetech has some similar kits with their parts, but the gaskets are not included. Gaskets for the Magnum is definitely an issue as the head set alone is over $100 at AutoZone.

Most definitely the way to go for the LA engine, especially dollarwise. I will have to check to see if they have the kit available for a late model Magnum engine with kegger intake.

Enginetech has some similar kits with their parts, but the gaskets are not included. Gaskets for the Magnum is definitely an issue as the head set alone is over $100 at AutoZone.

Yes, they have different gasket kits for the different engines. Usually in Federal-Mogul who makes Fel-Pro and they are Fel-Pro Permatorque head gaskets in the kits.

A complete set of main and rod bearings, rings ($5 more for moly), and a complete gasket kit, for $200 you can't go wrong...

Hey Krazy- I just sent an email to Mancini to get a quote on the engine kit. Like I said, I already have some Hastings rings and King main bearings. You might see them in the for sale section soon!

Any preferences between Clevite and Sealed Power? I think I would probably go with Sealed Power since both kits have Sealed Power piston rings. ??

Just to follow up: I never got an email response from Mancini Racing, so I called a few days later. The person on the phone spoke as if he didn't have the time to respond. When I asked what the cost would be, he answered, "Well, it will be about....". Didn't even take the time to give me an accurate price.

If that's any indication of their customer service - No Thanks!

I have used the engine tech gaskets. Not racing quality but fine for a dayly driver. I believe there bearings are reboxed King or federal.

Thanks for the info. After some research, I also found out that Enginetech repackages parts and that's fine. When I first saw them, I thought maybe they were the manufacturer. Also from what I read, it seems that the parts brand may change depending on the best deal they get for ordering in such large quantities.

EngineTech parts are mostly jobber parts. I have used them in a few Mopar as well as F*rd/Chivvy rebuilds....they've been fine. Like has been said....not for an all-out race engine, but fine for mild street builds.

Just to follow up: I never got an email response from Mancini Racing, so I called a few days later. The person on the phone spoke as if he didn't have the time to respond. When I asked what the cost would be, he answered, "Well, it will be about....". Didn't even take the time to give me an accurate price.

If that's any indication of their customer service - No Thanks!
That's because they are going to hit you with a over inflated shipping cost which they won't reveal until they have charged you. They are something else.

-
Back