Englishtown 2009?

-
E-town has the equipment to dry the track quickly if it's just showers. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

E-town has the equipment to dry the track quickly if it's just showers. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

True, but a forecast of rain unfortunately seems to keep people away. Even if it rains intermittently, the turnout will probably be low. Sucks, happens every year it seems.

I'll be there Sunday anyway! Some guys are there right now, bet tonight was great for Mopars Against he World, weather was PERFECT this evening. Saw a few cars on trailers on the LIE headed down.

Here are some pics I took today. had a decent time, glad I went. MUCH better than sitting around doing NOTHING. I'll always take a day at the drags over pretty much anything.

But I digress... on with the show! Images are in the order I took them as I mosey'd around the pits.

IMG_8573.jpg

IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_8575.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg

IMG_8577.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg

IMG_8582.jpg

Greg,nice pictures but how come only ONE of mine??..last time i sell you a 340 block..lol..only kidding it was nice meeting you,now go build a killer stroker and i'll see you at e-town next year...

Greg,nice pictures but how come only ONE of mine??..last time i sell you a 340 block..lol..only kidding it was nice meeting you,now go build a killer stroker and i'll see you at e-town next year...

Didn't want to seem like some creep stalking around your trailer taking photos, lol. Dave, you know how much I dig your car! Nice to have met you and your wife too. I'm stoked to have that block, it's gonna be stout. One of my goals is to be able to putt my junk down the track at that event next year, hope I can get done. I'll bring the burgers.

And hey, what happened to you in the first round? Couldn't find the brake pedal or something? Both of you guys broke out when you had the win, what happened?

Thanks for the pictures. I see you got my Barracuda in there too. You should have said hello. You going to build that stroker?

I was there Saturday too and took my first three passes on the new stroker motor. I ran it easy, nothing broke and I was able to drive home so Sunday I just parked and looked around for a while.

Looks like a great time...I'll keep this event on the calendar for next year for sure! Seems like our car always goes South when it leaves the driveway. :)

you got a great pic of my yellow 67 notch cuda in your first batch of pictures shouldve of said hello!! hey do you have any pictures of the ancient warrior cars the 4 blue ones that were next to mine, there the deveglio family wich is 3 of my uncles joey johnny and frankie and my grandfather joe sr.

you got a great pic of my yellow 67 notch cuda in your first batch of pictures shouldve of said hello!! hey do you have any pictures of the ancient warrior cars the 4 blue ones that were next to mine, there the deveglio family wich is 3 of my uncles joey johnny and frankie and my grandfather joe sr.

Thanks for the compliment. Everyone's telling me I shoulda said hello, guess I should try to be more social next time!

I do have pics of the Ancient Warrior cars somewhere, I may even have some from before they changed the paint scheme... not sure if they're even electronic files though, just actual photos. I kinda stopped taking pictures of them, they were at every event I was at. Great racers.

Didn't want to seem like some creep stalking around your trailer taking photos, lol. Dave, you know how much I dig your car! Nice to have met you and your wife too. I'm stoked to have that block, it's gonna be stout. One of my goals is to be able to putt my junk down the track at that event next year, hope I can get done. I'll bring the burgers.

And hey, what happened to you in the first round? Couldn't find the brake pedal or something? Both of you guys broke out when you had the win, what happened?

I broke out big time dialed a 12.11 ran a 11.86..he dialed a 13.70 and went 13.73 killed him on the tree though..brakes?? on the topend thats a NO NO,AND CONSIDERED CHEATING!!!.. guy did that to my friend on Sat. in the king of the hill race CHEATER!!!...

Wow, I'm sooooo pissed I missed this years event, I've gone every year since I got back from overseas. I love this event, even though it has dwindled a little bit. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make it with my Dak next year.

I broke out big time dialed a 12.11 ran a 11.86..he dialed a 13.70 and went 13.73 killed him on the tree though..brakes?? on the topend thats a NO NO,AND CONSIDERED CHEATING!!!.. guy did that to my friend on Sat. in the king of the hill race CHEATER!!!...
thats called bracket racing, if you dont want that run heads up.

thats called bracket racing, if you dont want that run heads up.

No thats called cheating..plain and simple,the guy also told my friend it was a 10.80 car:dontknow:..and the dink was running in the 12.00-12.99 class:thebirdm: loser!!!

I almost for got when my friend went over to question the guy about applying his brakes on the topend the loser says "it ok to apply your brakes on the topend as long as you don't slam them on"..ya' ok!!..its improper racing is what it is,the guy probably thinks its ok to light both bulbs on the tree too before the other guy is even in...

-
Back