Englishtown 2009?

-

danmc77

Reaction score
Anybody know the date? Looked at the raceway website and couldn't find it listed.

Probably canceled, lol.

I know everybody complains about this show being bad, but I always look forward to seeing the cars at the track. I only go to the track once a year - and Englishtown is it. So I enjoy it even thought there's hardly any cars there and the swap meet sucks.

I wish people in the area - instead of complaining about it, would just start attending again and maybe the swap venders would make it worth their while to show up. I would just hate to see this show disappear since I've been going w. my dad for the last 15 or so years.

So back to my point - anybody know the date for 2009?

knowing how e-town operates you should know the dats about 2 weeks in advance. what a waste of a show/swap meet/race

I think the lack of response to your question is because the dates are not announced yet. As far as the event its self is concerned, It has been better in the past but only because of the turnout. I hate to think it is a reflection of the NJ area Mopar enthusiasm. There are lot of people who like the old time E-town but those days are gone.

Lets get the A, B, E and whatever communities together and go. The people and the cars make it a good event no matter the personality of the owners. My car and most of the people I know dont have competetive show or race cars. I could care less about winning a trophy. I just hope for a good turnout to check out some cars and race for fun.

So, I dont know when the event is either but when someone does, I will be marking it in my calendar. Hope to see lots of Mopars. It will be fun, we can criticize the facility and reminisce about the old days.

Ill be there. What I think E-town should really do is make it a one day event, that way the cars arent spread over two days and put a little effort into the show, bring back the wheelstanders or a monster truck, give the people somthing to see.

Ill be there. What I think E-town should really do is make it a one day event, that way the cars arent spread over two days and put a little effort into the show, bring back the wheelstanders or a monster truck, give the people somthing to see.

i agree it not a two day event any more

People that are badmouthing it..just stay away!!!..the event is what you make of it.. we've been going for a long time and we have a blast every year,we go to RACE fri,sat,sun..granted its not what it use to be but what is??..we stay at the same motel every year and the same people show up just about every time..racing at the track and partying at the motel..:cheers::cheers:

As far as making it a one day event it would'nt be worth it for those of us that travel..we come down from Mass...and one day would not be worth the travel time...

Its a catch 22. With the low turn outs they arent going to put in any effort to improve the show. With out improving the show they are stuck with low turnouts.

every year i go.
i complain about how bad it is.
i will be there this year.
hard core.

I personally enjoy the show every year - I usually go with my one brother and my Dad. I look forward to it every year. It certainly sucks that the show isn't what it used to be, but that's why I'll always encourage my fellow Mopar lovers to attend in hopes that we can make it worthwhile again. I'll be there.

My biggest complaint is that it seems to rain every friggin year for the last 5. I get real pi$$ed when I see the weather report in the days leading up to the show.

every year i go.
i complain about how bad it is.
i will be there this year.
hard core.

Exactly.

I'll be there too, wondering why I bother. I go no matter what though, there's no reason not to. Sunday is always best because of the unmuffled drags.

I used to come home with truckloads full of stuff from the swap, the internet has killed that. Guys think their junk is worth top dollar because of 'Ebay prices'. No one buys, vendors stop coming.

i'm done with the event. used to love cruising all the parts for sale. the top show cars and the racing. they all suck now. parts take 10 minutes to walk through, show cars are only so so and the racing is horrible compared to what it was. remember seeing the lil red wagon there, hemi under glass, the mopar pro stock cars..etc...etc. none of that now. i can go race any time i want 10 minutes away at atco raceway and not be bothered having to worry what day i can run mufflers. i'll be in OC MD this year. not taking anything away from the guys that go. go ahead and have a great time. just don't try to talk anyone into thinking its a good event anymore.

Joe is right, sorry to say it just isnt what it used to be. But Bronx Mopars will be there in full force like we are every year. And it has rained almost every year since they moved it from june to may so that doesnt help either. BTW Joe whats up with the CAR'BQ?????? If you cant have it on that field anymore you should try to organize the show at atco we all know that needs help. One MAJOR thing the atco show need is advertizing.

I agree on the sad low turn out,,, but it is a Mopar event so I'll be there !!

AGREED! Stop cryin and show up for petes sake. SO FREAKIN what theres a low turn out. Perhaps if people stop bitchin about a low turn out and just F^&(R^@&TR^*O&@ arrive there, it'll be a decent show and get more sorry *** suckerS off there FRAKIN COUCH, dry up there sorry *** tears and come on out and play.

GOD WHAT CRY BABY'S IN THE MOPAR RANKS THERE ARE.

STFU AND SHOW UP!!!!!!!!!

gET YOUR SORRY FLABBY *** OUT THERE AND RUN THE CAR LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!

iNSTEAD OF COLLECTING DUST OR GRAND-MA DRIVING AROUND TOWN

Nothin erks me more than people how ***** about something they don't even show up for. So what theres only a few hundred of us. Make a few hundred freinds!!!!!!
Instead of none!!!!!!!
:angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7:

Hey RUMBLEFISH360 I'm not looking to start trouble but how come I get a "Inappropriate Language Profile infraction" and you can curse 5 or 6 times at a clip in your post?????? I think thats a little unfair.

"SO FREAKIN what, stop bitchin, sorry *** suckerS, sorry *** tears, STFU AND SHOW, FLABBY ***, how ***** about "

And Im not crying or complaining! I go every year rain or shine! Just stating the fact's I'd love it to get better but it wont till E-town puts some effort into making it better.

Hey RUMBLEFISH360 I'm not looking to start trouble but how come I get a "Inappropriate Language Profile infraction" and you can curse 5 or 6 times at a clip in your post?????? I think thats a little unfair.

"SO FREAKIN what, stop bitchin, sorry *** suckerS, sorry *** tears, STFU AND SHOW, FLABBY ***, how ***** about "

And Im not crying or complaining! I go every year rain or shine! Just stating the fact's I'd love it to get better but it wont till E-town puts some effort into making it better.

Yours wasnt for language, It was for pictures you posted. Nothing to get upset abut.

I live 15 minutes from Englishtown and I have gone to every mopar show since the very first one. I agree that in recent years there has been a decline in show cars, spectators and especially vendors. I also noticed that most of the car parts in the swap meet area have been replaced with toys. However, I will still continue to go...I don't need a carlisle sized event to make me happy. I look foward to seeing some old friends, seeing some great cars, watching some exciting racing and spending a nice day at the track. I think it should stay a two day event, especially for the people that are going to be traveling any distance.

For the record, even though the swap meet is a lot smaller than it used to be, I still have walked away with deals every year. Last year I got an unused MP kit to move the springs inboard for my minitub - $75. The year before, I also got a good deal on a pair of A-body lenth BBP 8 3/4 axles. So, there's still some deals and good parts there.

BronxMopars1,you guys always stay at the Best western(formerly the Mac) right??...

I wish I could make it every year. I go when I can. Children first followed by house and work first. If that is clear, I'll see you there!

On the curse's, you'll not likley get a word out of me on it.
If you direct it at someone and use it as a personal attack, I'm more likely to contact the waring partys and tell ya both to take a time out and relax, drop it and post a bit cleaner as to avoid a pissing match.

If ya wanna curse, curse. Just not a huge flagrant amount of non-sense curses or just for curses sakes.

If you wanna clean version of some words, use Frak instead of .... oh you get it.
I think the movie "Jonny Dangerously" is a good example.

LOL at the guy who says things like, "You Frarging Ice Holes..."

Wow;;;;
Rumbles In A Bad Mood Today.
Must Be The Snow.

OH, your right. I just hate complianers that sit on the couch postin up the complaints on shows they don't go to or events in the next state over as to far etc.....

It's a large slice of bologna and a real stick in my side. Sorry for the rant.

I really just don't get it. I'll hop in my car just to go get stuff just for drivings sake and to meet people. I went to Tn. for a Cuda tail panel, up state NY for stuff from Dusterdude. OH, just so you all know, I can get to Tn faster than where I went in upstate NY. NY is big and don't kid yourself about it an iota.

A MoPar only show will never be a big event by compare to a national event like a Nat. NHRA meet. You instantly cut 2 of the big 3 out plus every race fan who does not give a flyin about brand but just wants to see the big show and 300+ MPH.

-
Back