Englishtown 2009?

-
Good, bad, or indifferent....I'll be there with my heap. Probably just the one day.

Good, bad, or indifferent....I'll be there with my heap. Probably just the one day.
What day is that, and are you there to race or look around?

I think I usually go on Saturdays, but is Sunday the better day to go?

BTW - I'm merely a spectator.

See, this is already shaping up to be a good weekend.

I mean really, what else are you going to do with your time, sit on your ***? It's a once a year event, just come on down and show your support.

Maybe if E-town gets the idea that people are into it again, they'll put more effort into advertising the next time. Seriously though, it's got to be better than some lame 'car show' at a shopping center with crybabies and doo wop.

What day is that, and are you there to race or look around?

I think I usually go on Saturdays, but is Sunday the better day to go?

BTW - I'm merely a spectator.

I don't know which day yet, but I'll probably register my car in the modified A body class and hold down a lawn chair.... Stop by. 8)

Honestly, there's nothing else going on that weekend. Any time I can break away and do something I enjoy, I don't care about the rain, or the turnout, or the swap meet prices. I go just to get out of the house and do something!

I will be attending hopefully the car will be good to race .Every year I went i had issues and couldnt bring it.

pinks scamp.jpg

The more we all talk about it and get determined to go and maybe meet up, the better this event is gonna be. I missed it last year, but now I'm more enthusiastic about going and about getting my Barracuda done for it, just from all the talk.

BTW Joe whats up with the CAR'BQ?????? If you cant have it on that field anymore you should try to organize the show at atco we all know that needs help.

not sure if there will be anymore Q's. the guy that used to run it doesn't want to do it anymore. plus he did some shady stuff and most of the guys that did most of the work don't want to be bothered with the guy. so even if there is another one he is on his own.

Hell, I would drive from CT to NJ just to see your Dart, 10sec340. That car is freakin real nice.

George

does anyone know if the mop show@ atco is worth going to see?? i think it`s in the fall

I went to ATCO late least year and ran the Duster. I could have gone to E-town or other closer tracks, but I had a good time and met a lot of MoPar guys running there Duster very well and as not to be forgotten, alot of other MoPars running.

I'd have to say there was a good 500 cars. Glad I went to the MoPar event at ATCO.

What if everybody on this sight in driving distance from e-town talked everyone they know with a B or E body into going and we all show up in force. Regardless of what the track owners do, I think we'd all have a good time. I don't know what it was like back in the day, but I raced there last year for the first time(at any track) and I had a blast and met some great Mopar guys. Just to line up in the lanes surrounded with nothing but Mopar iron was a thrill.
I'll be there with 684mulas and CUDA69. Who else is coming?

What if everybody on this sight in driving distance from e-town talked everyone they know with a B or E body into going and we all show up in force. Regardless of what the track owners do, I think we'd all have a good time. I don't know what it was like back in the day, but I raced there last year for the first time(at any track) and I had a blast and met some great Mopar guys. Just to line up in the lanes surrounded with nothing but Mopar iron was a thrill.
I'll be there with 684mulas and CUDA69. Who else is coming?

My gang will be there as always..'68 road runner,'68 dart,'70 dart and my '70 duster..racing fri.night,sat and sunday...

Atco has slooooowly getting better each year. The racing is great the show is ok the swap meet was weak but I did get a set of fenderwell BB headers for $75 bucks. I just mentiond that to ABodyJoe. Het Joe thats a shame about the Q it was a fun show. Especially watching that one neighbor flip out.

does anyone know if the mop show@ atco is worth going to see?? i think it`s in the fall

depends on how far your driving. so far its been pretty lame. but if your close then i say give it a try. i wouldn't drive 2 hours or anything for it .

Wow, someone else with a car-b-que? I have a really nice big smoker I made from the front end of a 56 Packard Clipper. Not towable...yet.

Wow, a 56 Clipper?? I would love to own one of those. There was one near my house when I was a kid. I always loved those cars.

Post a few pix if ya get a chance.

George

I missed last year. Rebuilding the motor and trans took longer than I thought. The new rear is just about done another week or so and I should be good to go. I used to go to the shows about 20yrs ago with my 64 dart conv. Now I have the 67 barracuda conv. The show and swap meet have gone down hill but it is still a good day or two out of the house.

See you all at the show

Steve

-
Back