Englishtown

-

NJDartman

Reaction score
Soooo, anyone going to Englishtown tomorrow? I was going to go today but didn't want to blow another vacation day! I know it's not the place for finding stuff for our Mopars but it's still fun to look at all the goodies! I'll be wearing my FABO shirt so if you see me say hello! Scott:-D

I'll be there tomorrow. It's hit or miss when it come to Mopar parts, but I have found some treasures there in the past. 3 of my best finds were an NOS rear bumper for my 70 Swinger, a date correct intake for my 69 hemi Superbee and a mint 340 six pack set up that I ran on my Dart for a while. Even if I don't find anything, it 's a habit now. I have gone every year since the very first one.

Wait - I'm confused. Is this an "all makes" show? Isn't the Mopar show in May?

its the spring swap meet. not the mopar atlantic nats.

I ran into this problem one year - i thought I was going to the carshow/swap meet and it was actually a racing event (I guess the Nationals?) and I drove home.

Is this weekend the actual Mopar show/swap meet event, or is there another show in May (16th&17th)?

I'm still confused.

This what I'm looking for, right? This is the Mopar show and swap meet, right? The reason I want to make sure is 'cause I went there one year (maybe 10 years ago) to what I'm pretty sure was called the "Mopar Nationals," and it was just a racing event and was like $40 or so to get in. Ever since, I make sure I'm going to the right "nationals."
mopar09.jpg

Yes, this weekend is just a general auto flea market, and a small car show. The may show is the Mopar race and show. I've heard though that the fleamarket isn't that big. I'm squirrling my money away for Carlisle!

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!
It's a good time everytime I go down for the Swapmeet. Ive been going since I was 7. Every year me, my buddies and girlfiends go have a few hot dogs and drink beer bitching about how people are selling lamps and recliners nowadays instead of highrise manifolds and old wheels. Maybe this year will be better than the last. Nice weather at least this weekend, Sunday will be cloudy but thats the only day my friends and I can get together.

Yes, this weekend is open to all models. saturday is streetrods and customs and sunday is stock/original cars.

WOW so im not the only one to feel that way lol they should change the name from swap meet to YARD SALE but im still going may find a nice lawn mower or something maybe when i move the mower something for some kind of car may fall out never know lol

I went down there today with some friends and was really disappointed. Not a lot of big vendors, and most of the ones that were there were Chevy/Ford centric.
The rest of the meet had a few decent pieces but every year it seems like there are more of the mix and match vendors. lots of bicycles, and other non-automotive junk. i don't know if the internet or the state of the economy is what is killing it, but the meet is getting worse every year in my opinion

I went down there today with some friends and was really disappointed. Not a lot of big vendors, and most of the ones that were there were Chevy/Ford centric.
The rest of the meet had a few decent pieces but every year it seems like there are more of the mix and match vendors. lots of bicycles, and other non-automotive junk. i don't know if the internet or the state of the economy is what is killing it, but the meet is getting worse every year in my opinion

Was Schumacher there today? because I went Friday and there werent many vendors but I saw on a couple websites that some were only going for Sat/Sun.

im not going to make it. althought it isnt what it used to be, just like the atlantic nats, if you have nothing to do, it can be a fun day. i fish, i like tools, i can always use some kind of yard tools so yeah it might be half flea market half swap meet, but you can always leave with something, even if its not for your mopar muscle car. beats sitting at the computer.

I went Saturday...came home empty handed. My dad bought a new radiator for his 56 Crown Victoria and my buddy bought a pressure washer and some tires...not a great swap meet, but better than sitting home.

I went Saturday and bought a car cover and a wrench. Somehow I spent $100 that day.

I'm with you guys, it's getting more like a flea market than a auto swap meet every year but it's something to do. I ordered some brake lines and hoses from "The Right Stuff" and got a few other misc. tools but that's it. My legs hurt though, must have walked 5 miles!

Was Schumacher there today? because I went Friday and there werent many vendors but I saw on a couple websites that some were only going for Sat/Sun.

If Schumacher was there I missed them. I wish they were there because I would have picked up one of their A body /6 to 360 kits

It was a still a good day to be out of the house, the weather was great, but from a car part / swap meet perspective it was iffy at best

i doubt that schumacher would goto the spring swap meet. maybe the mopar one in may but not this one.

the spring and fall have always been full of junk. always been full of chevy and mustang stuff. used to have a lot of mustang and chevy vendors. only true mopar vendor i remember being there was jacks but he is right around the corner.

like jamesdart said. if you are close and have not much else going on its a car related thing to do.

-
Back