Enough Air for my 850cfm Carb

-

josekh7

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a 1970 dart that i will be dropping a 440 into her. I do not want to install hood scoopes yet use a hidden ram air system. i would like to know how can i meassure that my carb is getting enough air. can i measure by area opening? boost sensor, cfm instrument or how can i go about this?

Map sensor with a data log program might do it.

Are you looking to make sure the carb has enough room/area above it to breath as deep as possible without restriction! I have not heard of any issues with the current offerings of ram air set ups that are the air cleaner type with tubes connected to it.

If your running a super victor and a 2" super sucker spacer then you might have issues.

So what intake and carb so folks with similar setups can tell you if you'll have issues or not.

It's pretty simple actually. Put a vacuum gauge on the manifold, and hit the track. If the gauge reads less than about 1 to 1.5 inches at WOT full load, you are golden.You'l need a big dial to catch it. The combination vacuum/fuel pump tester, umm, no it won't likely measure that.

they also make a air filter restriction gauge you can install under the air filter housing we used them on dirt track cars to know when the filters were full of dust or mud, they come from heavy truck parts suppliers and yes they are just a vacuum gauge that locks the restriction in.

-
Back