EPA Screw up in Durango CO.

-
I'm going to hold my comments until this get's moved the N&P. lol I don't want o be the cause of that move, though.

but the city water is safe?

AAAHAHAHAHA.

Sure it is.

Hoping this don't turn too political, or at least not directed at a particular party. I left N&P and don't regret it one bit. So if it goes there I will no longer see it. But what happens happens. Thanks for not letting it get too political everybody. Its a serious tragedy in some very beautiful country, but its a terrible thing to happen anywhere. I posted it because I went through there.

"... The agency has come under fire for waiting nearly 24 hours before notifying impacted communities of the release.... "

My daughter's dad was born and raised and lives there again now. Very sad to read.

EPA, brought to you and consolidated by Richard Nixon... Carry on... :)

EPA, brought to you and consolidated by Richard Nixon... Carry on... :)
TT
This, an jack wick government response,we pay for it.. You're right: sh+t government,sucks ***. And the sad part: Once it's in written in law, everyone humps it,for coin..A@

Oh, they'll have it all cleaned up in no time....

And Frankie says I'm radical, lmao.

well, let me ask you this, do you keep your shotguns loaded WITH one in the chamber?

if you do, you are more radical then I am (because if I need to rack the slide to load one in the chamber the gun is UNloaded)

just for the record, though, the 9 MM is always loaded up and ready to go

I moved a lady from California out there to this 4,000 square ft log home.A creek off the river run through her living room.Hope she I'd ok

Now it's being said it might be as much as 3 million gallons of waste spilled.......

I read the article but it didn't state how the EPA breached the tailings pond? Unfortunately all those contaminants are commonly used in gold mining.

It said in there that they breached the levee holding the water in the mine shaft.
GOLD KING MINE, COLO. — Environmental Protection Agency officials met at the mouth of the Gold King Mine Monday afternoon to discuss last week's breach, which discharged 3 million gallons of heavy-metal laden water into a tributary of the Animas River.

EPA on-scene coordinator Hayes Griswold explained to San Juan County, Colo., officials that an EPA team working at the mine on Wednesday underestimated how much pressure was hidden behind the debris that plugged the mine's entrance.

He said the team was not attempting to dislodge the plug, but was instead attempting to stick a pipe into the top of the mine.

The pipe would allow the team to safely pump liquid out of the mine for treatment, Griswold said.

-
Back