epoxy

-

nesse

Reaction score
i need some advice about strong epoxy (hot) i can use in my intake ports (alu-heads)and where can i buy it / nesse

That stuff's not cheap, and the 2 parts are like mixing tar...........but it works grate, after you get the hang of it!

I use A B epoxy form Moroso. A two part epoxy that any machine shop or parts house can get for you. Not expensive and mixes well. Use equal parts and kneed it about 5-8 min. Too easy. I have some in the intake ports on the heads of my street ride. About 15 years now,..not a problem. Just make sure the surface is oil free, spray down with brake clean or laquor thinner and apply. I have found it much easier to lay the epoxy in the port and dip my finger in a container of water to work it and smooth it out. The water lill keep it from sticking to your fingers. Done this way there will be very little finish work to do after it cures, let it sit over night. I use cartridge rolls at a slower speed to get the finish I want. Just passing this tip along. It works for me. JFYI.

Terry

ok, "summit" have .a.b epoxy that are to fix intake manifold and head ports for about 25$ i have to check "splash zone" some day next weekend.
have a nice day

jb weld, get it from novline sweden, all porters here are use this, so i buy it and have test in two port that i port to much in that pinch area and it look nice.

-
Back