Erson Camshafts

-

PaulRM

Reaction score
Any one but me have a hard time getting any information from Erson camshafts (site)? I have e-mailed them a couple of times. Seems they don't need my business. Maybe someone can suggest another camshaft maker that I can contact. I'll soon (I hope) be ready to put the slant six together.

You have to call them. You want to call anyway and say your with slant six. org that way you get the group buy prices. (thats better than 20% off) What cam were you ordering as I might have one on the self.
Frank

Thanks guys for all the great info. Looks like I'll be digesting it for a while. Maybe anyone out there can advise which grind they are running and the set-up (carb and exhaust) they have. Where do you find the power coming on from ___000rpm to ___000rpm.
I had advised Erson of my wanting something coming in at around 1200-1500 rpms and all in at around 4200-4500rpms. This will also have a Holley 390 four barrel (still need to get) and dual exhaust.
Thanks again for any and all info.
Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

Erson RV15M Dutra RDP
Power down low is hard to judge, but I'd say 1500, ends about 4100.
Dual Dutra Duals into 2-1/4" Head pipes, single 2-1/4" out.
500 cfm Carter AFB on an Offy.

There are probably some more questions you should take into account. The build is going to have a lot of effect on how a specific cam delivers.

What have you got for compression? What mods have you done? Include converter and rear gears.
What's your goal? How are you going to drive the car? What kind of terrain? Primarily highway or around town?

CJ

When I was looking up the specs on the cam I just posted for sale, I had to find a 1999 catalog on the web. Do a Google search for Erson High Flow cams and I think it's on the first page of hits.

-
Back