Espo spring question?

-

carls72dart

Reaction score
Hey Fabo, anyone with Espo Springs, I'm in need of your help. I called and ordered Espo Springs for my 72 Dart.

I just installed the leaf springs and my 8 3/4 rear end. I noticed the rear end looked too far forward on the springs. I mocked up my wheel and I was correct. I have 3/4 of an inch in the front of the wheel well and 7 inches in the back.

I placed the spring pad over the notch on the springs. Has anyone had this problem? Going to call Espo next Tuesday after the holiday. Just like to know if this has happened to anyone else and how it was remedied. Thanks for your help :)

Hey Fabo, anyone with Espo Springs, I'm in need of your help. I called and ordered Espo Springs for my 72 Dart.

I just installed the leaf springs and my 8 3/4 rear end. I noticed the rear end looked too far forward on the springs. I mocked up my wheel and I was correct. I have 3/4 of an inch in the front of the wheel well and 7 inches in the back.

I placed the spring pad over the notch on the springs. Has anyone had this problem? Going to call Espo next Tuesday after the holiday. Just like to know if this has happened to anyone else and how it was remedied. Thanks for your help :)
Oops. Yes, somethin' sounds wrong. Give them a call. They'll have a answer.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I didn't like how close the much larger than stock tires were to the front of the opening. I drilled a hole just forward of the original on both the spring perch and shock plate, in order to move the axle back about an inch. Happen to be welding new spring perches this morning.

View attachment 1714947987 View attachment 1714947986 I didn't like how close the much larger than stock tires were to the front of the opening. I drilled a hole just forward of the original on both the spring perch and shock plate, in order to move the axle back about an inch. Happen to be welding new spring perches this morning.
The thought crossed my mind to do the same thing. Just want to make sure I got the right springs :)

-
Back