Espo

-

cuda620

Reaction score
Lookin for insight on espo springs before I order some. Deciding tween stock +1” or stock +2”. Thanks for any help. Replacing old stock rear springs on a 67 barracuda

Before and After Shots of a '65... +2" Will put you Way up there!
a +1" would probably look more normal?

B.jpg

20210801_111512.jpg

Thanks! I think mine are ridin on the air shocks to sit level

ESPO standard height ones on my 66. In fact the OEM ones wer 6 leaf and these are only 5. Still working great. (even better with tall 15" tires on the back now.

035.jpg

066.jpg

10-18-19.jpg

Ride height is a preference thing, so what I’ll say is that you should consider that your current sagging factory springs could be lowering the car close to 1” from what was supposed to be the stock height. So, if you want the car to be about 1” higher than it is now, stock height springs will get you close. If you want it 2” higher, that’s probably more like stock +1”.

All the times I’ve replaced original factory springs with stock height replacement springs I’ve gotten nearly 1” of lift, just because the factory springs were sagging that much. Just food for thought.

Lookin for insight on espo springs before I order some. Deciding tween stock +1” or stock +2”. Thanks for any help. Replacing old stock rear springs on a 67 barracuda

Insights, Espo makes a good springs. +springs in an Abody is a mistake unless you like the 70's 4x4 look, in which case buy shackles, they are much cheaper.

Mine are 20 years old, I can vouch they don't sag out or settle much. Not a rough ride at stock height...

Thanks, It’s settled a little, that was several years ago. This was last summer

Here is the key factor to me. All the Espo Springs that I have installed in 4 Darts are high when they first go in and understandably settle down in the first couple years (depending on how much you drive it and how much of a load you put in it). I find that +2 is where I want it to be after all is settled out. The same thing happened to all these cars with the stock springs and then they were too low and too squishy.

Remember to get the 340 style 6 leaf springs...

Here is the key factor to me. All the Espo Springs that I have installed in 4 Darts are high when they first go in and understandably settle down in the first couple years (depending on how much you drive it and how much of a load you put in it). I find that +2 is where I want it to be after all is settled out. The same thing happened to all these cars with the stock springs and then they were too low and too squishy.

Remember to get the 340 style 6 leaf springs...
Do you have pictures of your set up ?

I like some rake to my cars. I have the XHD +1 on the back of Vixen and I think it sits perfect.

Do you have pictures of your set up ?
I assume how the car sits? The springs in the purple car are 6 months old, The ones in the white car with black scoops are 10 to 15 years old and the ones in the white car with black roof are 15 years old. The first two are installed with the MP 3/4 inch relocation kit.
DSC04503.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

-
Back