Ethanol fuel

-
didn`t read the article, don`t even use the 10% crap in my lawnmowers.
You live in a old car friendly state. We can't even get alcohol-free gas here (it's illegal for a gas station to sell it), unless you want to buy race gas in a drum, which is a bit inconvenient for most people.

Last edited:
didn`t read the article, don`t even use the 10% crap in my lawnmowers.

You are lucky. I think there's only a couple of places in town that sell "real gas" and I believe one of them is a proprietary "card" thing

I drain the snowblower every year, and the carb bowl. No real problems. The lawn mower (I don't REALLY have an actual lawn LOL) I don't drain, just fill the tank and let it sit. I've had no real problems other than the stupid primer bulb which I don't use. I hate those things.

My chioce us adding sea foam to my gas, my bic concern is it going stale,which it does very quickly.

I can get it here, but have to drive about 25 miles one way. It is not friendly to some rubber/plastic. Plastic like that used for primer bulbs and fuel line in the tank. So I use Stabil when done for the year, and thinking about adding HEET also. Because the swill for our cars is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs water, which we know is not good.

Yes, it absorbs moisture. In some cases its saturated. As in, it will not take any more water. So, not only are you paying for fuel that requires more to make the same bang,and you are buying water.

Yes, it absorbs moisture. In some cases its saturated. As in, it will not take any more water. So, not only are you paying for fuel that requires more to make the same bang,and you are buying water.
Ethanol absorbs 5% water. So a 15% ethanol fuel contains 0.75% water at saturation. That's approximately 1 oz of water per gallon of fuel. Or for those that do metric, approximately 7.5mL per liter.

So for a full 18 gallon tank, that's like pouring a full bottle of water (18 oz) in your fuel tank every time you fill up.

I only use Rec 90 (Ethanol free) in my car and small engines. I'm fortunate to have a Marathon station about 5 miles from my house that carries it. It runs about .70 a gallon more than regular unleaded.

Had a 2005 impala in shop,ran like crap. Replaced spark plugs and reset ethanol sensor. Code was for ethanol sensor out of range.after reset it showed 19% ethanol. Instructed customer to go fill up with premium and i gave him sea foam to add. Left my yard, check engine light came back on in less than a mile. Filled car up and within three days the symptoms cleared and never returned. He switched fuel stations after that. Guess what,his fuel mileage improved. There is no gain with ethanol,only loss,right out of the consumer’s pockets.

You live in a old car friendly state. We can't even get alcohol-free gas here (it's illegal for a gas station to sell it), unless you want to buy race gas in a drum, which is a bit inconvenient for most people.

You can always move to another state.

Had a 2005 impala in shop,ran like crap. Replaced spark plugs and reset ethanol sensor. Code was for ethanol sensor out of range.after reset it showed 19% ethanol. Instructed customer to go fill up with premium and i gave him sea foam to add. Left my yard, check engine light came back on in less than a mile. Filled car up and within three days the symptoms cleared and never returned. He switched fuel stations after that. Guess what,his fuel mileage improved. There is no gain with ethanol,only loss,right out of the consumer’s pockets.

Sure there's gain. From the consumer's pockets right into the politicians' pockets. Just like they planned all along.

I only use Rec 90 (Ethanol free) in my car and small engines. I'm fortunate to have a Marathon station about 5 miles from my house that carries it. It runs about .70 a gallon more than regular unleaded.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly the same here. It will have a tendency to rust our old tanks more than straight gas too.

Screenshot_2017-11-27-09-18-30.png
It's generally not a problem if you know how to deal with the effects of it.
EFI fuel line instead of rubber hose, fuel boil and so on.

that is exactly how I used to deal with it but the last two years I've had little white blobs of greasy waxy crap in my fuel that plugs filters to beat hell and even fills up fuel lines. Carburetor cleaner won't touch it.

The attached picture shows what it is. It's like grease bubbles with fuel or something inside. This piece is the same size as the id of my mowers fuel line, and about a half inch long.

Last edited:
NO TEXAS.WE ALREADY HAVE OVER 400 FAMILIES MOVING HERE EVERY MONTH.YOU CAN EVEN DRIVE ANYWHERE WITHOUT A BACK UP

View attachment 1715115115

that is exactly how I used to deal with it but the last two years I've had little white blobs of greasy waxy crap in my fuel that plugs filters to beat hell and even fills up fuel lines. Carburetor cleaner won't touch it.

The attached picture shows what it is. It's like grease bubbles with fuel or something inside. This piece is the same size as the id of my mowers fuel line, and about a half inch long.

That's California fruit and nut deposits, not from the fuel.:D

View attachment 1715115115

Looks like corn oil.

Yes...it sucks. If you're using rubber hose anywhere in your fuel system make sure it's 30r9 or 30r14. Change your fuel filter more often, I change mine every-other oil change.

Yes...it sucks. If you're using rubber hose anywhere in your fuel system make sure it's 30r9 or 30r14. Change your fuel filter more often, I change mine every-other oil change.
Wow, how often do u change oil ?

-
Back