EvapoRust is awesome!!

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Ok I bought this shifter yesterday. I paid $40 for it and I posted a thread asking how much would you have paid. There one comment about the amount of rust on it so here is my reply to rust. First pics are of how it came home. Second set of pics is how it looked this morning after soaking in EvapoRust overnight. There is also a few pics of a spare tire hold down and a pair of needle nose pliers I wish I took a pick before they would not even open.

Shifter Pics ;) 008.jpg

Shifter Pics ;) 011.jpg

Shifter Rust Removal #1 009.jpg

Shifter Rust Removal #1 010.jpg

Shifter Rust Removal #1 011.jpg

Shifter Rust Removal #1 003.jpg

Shifter Rust Removal #1 004.jpg

Shifter Rust Removal #1 001.jpg

Hi..nice work
I don't know how evaporust works. I'll try to find out.
I use an electrolysis system do remove rust. Pretty simple and works great.

this page explain all process http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andyspatch/rust.htm

But in a few words:
banking soda solved in water. A plastic recipient to put the solution and the part you want to clean.
I use an old computer 12V DC font to provide energy. Positive must be attached to the sacrifice material (I use old nails or iron sheet). Negative is plugged to the part you want to clean.

Looks Great! Please forgive me.

Hey Jeff it's ok with the rust on it I got it a little cheaper knowing I was gonna use the rust remover. Plus I got to show what that stuff can do.

harbor freight has it for $20 a gallon, use your 20% off coupon for total of $16

I got it a Tractor Supply for the same amount. It takes me nearly 45 minutes to Harbor Freight and Tractor Supply is a 3 minute drive. Either way I would drive an hour if needed this stuff is great.

yes.. almost all tutorials and "how-to" I read indicate battery charges.
I use computers parts because I get than from trash at university ;)

Ok so it soaked a little longer then I had planned. (Too much drinking on New Years). But I took it out this morning and it looks great. I also reassembled it and man this thing loos great. What do you think? Oh I sprayed WD-40 on it for the time being too.

Shifter Rust removal #2 005.jpg

Shifter Rust removal #2 006.jpg

Shifter Rust removal #2 014.jpg

Shifter Rust removal #2 019.jpg

Shifter Rust removal #2 020.jpg

Shifter Rust removal #2 021.jpg

I think it is well worth it now I can buy parts cheaper that others have turned down because of a little rust.

I'm Impressed! Good for small and medium sized parts. I'm guessing it comes in a 1 gal paint can-like container?

I'm impressed, I need to get some of that stuff.....

Im impressed but I think the blasting method is more effective both cost wise and time wise.

Whats good about this is that it only attacks the rust not the good metal or paint. Plus I do this in my kitchen, it is safe and non-toxic. I don't even wear gloves and I don't have a way to blast so this works great plus it doesn't change the way the metal looked when stamped. But yeah this stuff comes in a gallon plus they sell it in 55 gallon drums for bigger stuff. I am gonna get another gallon and put it with what I have. I put it in a big flat tupperware bowl and put the parts in and let them soak. Plus since I do it indoors I don't get cold. It's also reuseable.

Would this stuff work good for removing rust off a car body? Does it come in spray cans?

-
Back