Ever forget about a bid on Ebay?

-
cool_story_bro-23.jpg

I had a guy bid on a 65 Barracuda. He lived locally and came over to see the car with 1 day left on the auction. He was high bidder.
I told him..."You're currently the high bidder, one day left."
He said..."I am? I haven't noticed. Well, maybe someone else will outbid me...."
He didn't seem to like the car. The auction ended and he flaked. These assholes that bid without honoring the terms need a kick to the crotch.

Well, I'd laugh with you if I knew your story. But since I don't. It would only look like I laughing at you, and that not very nice. Guess I'll just sit here and wait.

I did throw a bid at an item once knowing there was no way I was going to win. Yeah, can you say road trip. Worked out more than great in the end.

Same here do bids all the time on stuff that is low. But pay for it if I win!

Several years ago I made an accidental bid on ebay i was bidding on a Plymouth barracuda model car kit and my bid was supposed to be 35.00 but I accidentally added a zero and my bid was 350.00 lol I emailed the guy and explained what happened and he understood I told him since it was my mistake I'd pay anything up to 75 dollars after that I just couldnt do it. I ended up winning the bid for 50 and I paid it.

Several years ago I made an accidental bid on ebay i was bidding on a Plymouth barracuda model car kit and my bid was supposed to be 35.00 but I accidentally added a zero and my bid was 350.00 lol I emailed the guy and explained what happened and he understood I told him since it was my mistake I'd pay anything up to 75 dollars after that I just couldnt do it. I ended up winning the bid for 50 and I paid it.

Well you sir got treated by an honest man. He could have taken the information and had someone else run the bid up on you. My suggestion to anyone, is to understand how to retract a bid. It can be done for such mistakes and it protects you. Glad it all worked out.

On my second cup and still waiting.... Don't make me come up there and find you when race season starts.

Well you sir got treated by an honest man. He could have taken the information and had someone else run the bid up on you. My suggestion to anyone, is to understand how to retract a bid. It can be done for such mistakes and it protects you. Glad it all worked out.

On my second cup and still waiting.... Don't make me come up there and find you when race season starts.
Yea he was cool about it. I still didn't know you could retract a bid?

Ever start a thread about forgetting about an Ebay bid....then forget about telling intriguing minds like ours what you won on ebay? LOL ;)

Pat

So what did you buy?
Been looking for a lens, a Sigma 85mm f/1.4. They are $1200 or so new. Every decent one I looked at was selling for $800 or so. I hardly ever bid on auctions, always do the buy it now. Just not very patient. I bid $650 on this one, which looks to be in better shape than the ones that were going for $800. Saw the notification from EBay, but just like all the notifications on my phone I just clear them. When I seen it come right back I figured I better look. I am just glad that the company I just ordered a new one from has a very good return policy, the new one I bought just showed up. it is already on the way back to them...the customer service rep I was talking with was laughing with/at me....

Been looking for a lens, a Sigma 85mm f/1.4. They are $1200 or so new. Every decent one I looked at was selling for $800 or so. I hardly ever bid on auctions, always do the buy it now. Just not very patient. I bid $650 on this one, which looks to be in better shape than the ones that were going for $800. Saw the notification from EBay, but just like all the notifications on my phone I just clear them. When I seen it come right back I figured I better look. I am just glad that the company I just ordered a new one from has a very good return policy, the new one I bought just showed up. it is already on the way back to them...the customer service rep I was talking with was laughing with/at me....

That is a sign the sciatica electrocution device will be effective and you will be back at race tracks in the NW taking photos before you know it :thumbsup:

That is a sign the sciatica electrocution device will be effective and you will be back at race tracks in the NW taking photos before you know it :thumbsup:
"sciatica electrocution device" :rofl::rofl::rofl:....I am calling it electric shock therapy....:lol::lol:.

I have a friend who bid on a pick up truck when he was drinking. He won. He had to drive from Phila to Connecticut to pick it up.
He bid low and no one else bid.
But he ended up making money on it after driving it for a year or so.

15 years ago I bought a '98 Ford F150 on fleabay...in Columbus, OH. $1,200 from a leasing company. The same day I bought a Lincold Mark VIII in Lexington, KY. Bought it from the 2nd owner, a minister, and picked it up at the church.

I rented a roller skate car with free unlimited miles... Subaru Justy, I think. $99.00 per week. Dragged my wife and a buddy along first to OH then to KY.

Gave my friend $500.00 for fuel and expenses and sent him home. Wife and I picked up the Lincoln, called the rental car outfit and told them the car was acting up and I wanted to return it. I got rid of it in Louisville. They refunded me $50.00 and I headed home in luxury.

-
Back