• Picture 059.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 449
  • Picture 060.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 433
  • Picture 061.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 425
  • Picture 062.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 425
What year is that? Even my minimally equipped Feather Duster has sprung hinges.

That looks like the work of a guy that is either lazy or unskilled in the art of fixing things. I'm all for creative fixes, but how hard is it to reposition the torsion springs?

I have thought about doing that to the hood. Hood springs are around 10lb a set. Would work good with a glass hood where you would need to get lighter weight springs for it any way so you don't crack the glass hood with the stockers. So may as well take them off and go to a junk yard and pull a prop rod off of a newer car and shave even more weight. Could go even further at that point and drill some holes in the hinges.

Never thought about doing that to the trunk lid as the stock T bars are not that heavy.

A lazy guy would have used a cut off broom handle.

and a REALLY lazy guy would just have broken it off..............................

fpbnl.gif

I have thought about doing that to the hood. Hood springs are around 10lb a set. Would work good with a glass hood where you would need to get lighter weight springs for it any way so you don't crack the glass hood with the stockers. So may as well take them off and go to a junk yard and pull a prop rod off of a newer car and shave even more weight. Could go even further at that point and drill some holes in the hinges.

Never thought about doing that to the trunk lid as the stock T bars are not that heavy.

When I ordered my AAR 6 pak hood for the demon the guy tried to talk me into a hinged version as it was only 4 pounds heavier. I wish I woulda gone that route instead of the 4 corner pins and used a prop rod to hold the hood open. Would have simply removed the springs on the hinges and it would have been easier to get to the engine between runs.

-
Back