exaust resonance

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
I have a tti 2.5inch exaust system hp manifolds turbo muflers and it has a rosonant noise around 2000 rpms that is 10 times louder than any outher rpm. Im assuming thats normall but i still dont like it.I think most of it is telescoping through the mid hanger. I was wondering if anybody had any luck nulling it and how they did it. Im thinking better floor insulation. is this realy normal for this system.

I had that same set up on a stock 340 and I tuned out some vacuum advance and it helped a lot. Disconnect your vacuum advance and see if it improves. I tuned mine to only add 10 degrees of advance at max vacuum and it was way better. Before it would hurt my ears.

I've put glasspacks behind the mufflers to cancel out that problem on my old Coronet wagon about 10 years ago. Worked.

had same problem on my 68 RR i think their exhaust is tuned for headers, i've talked to a lot of guys with the same problem, they all had stock hp manifolds, i installed a pair of magnaflo resonators right before the tips. i got them at performancepeddler.com on ebay $50 each, summit wanted $64. http://www.performancepeddler.com/default.asp

January 09 219.jpg

thanks i had the feeling that it probably would come to resonators.my vac advance isn,t hooked up so i gues that won,t help.

thanks i like the looks of that stuff and plan on doing it no matter what its a good thing. its got to be better than the carpet insulation thats in their now. its got to go

-
Back