Excellent Explanation of the What/Why of Corona Virus Control

-

nm9stheham

Reaction score
For those who want to be informed and want to understand the 'why' of the measures that are being taken, and can be taken, to best control the corona virus, here is an excellent article that brings it all together. This is offered to help understanding; it is a bit of a long read but VERY well worth your time, even if you have to read it in a few settings. (This is the kind of view that we need, but rarely get from our politicians and seems to be well beyond the grasp of journalists.)

• What has been happening overall in the world
  • What control strategies have worked best and why, and why some are not working well
  • What is likely in store for the US in the next couple of weeks
  • The phases of the infection and how it gets transmitted
  • Why to aggressively control things now and why that works
  • Some insight into the longer term of what we will likely be doing and facing
This is based on a lot of different sources of information that have been appearing over the last few weeks and gives references and links if you want to explore further. The best thing here is that this article does a very good job IMHO of bringing it all together in a readable way.

I realize that some do not want to see this.... no problem. Read this if you like, or not if you do not, or set it aside for the time being. All the variety of human nature takes over when a threat like this appears, which very, very few of us have ever encountered. IMHO: No need to judge anyone on whether you want to see this or not IMHO.... we all arrive at acceptance in a lot of different ways and on a lot of different timetables. That is just humans being human.

My wife (a nurse) found this FLDOH map and stat page.

Updated daily at 11:00am.

When things near me start turning darker blue, I'll panic more.

Might want to see if your state has one.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

-
Back