Exciting 360 pulley question

-

amazon69

Reaction score
It's not exciting, unless you're into pulleys.

I have got a mid 80's 360, which I think probably came out of an RV, but I don't know. It certainly had an A/C pump and power steering pump on it when I got it, neither of which I want or need. I do, however, need as much room as I can get at the bottom of the engine due to where the engine is now going (in my '59 Bristol 406). I would really like to lose the outer two groves from the crank pulley. As you can see, I have 4 on there at present. Am I correct in thinking that I need a non A/C water pump pulley, which sits closer to the block, and can I just cut off the two outer pulleys from the crank pulley? I was then just going to run one belt across the crank, alt and water pump.

In my pic you can see that presently the alternator lines up with the rear two crank pulley grooves, and the water pump with the front two. Cheers all.
mopar.jpg

Get non A/C 2 groove lower And non A/C single upper, and non a/c alternator brackets, change it out. Somebody out there may want those A/C pulleys and brackets.

I have the pulleys you need, or just the water pump pulley if that's all you want. for the water pump pulley. 20.00 plus the ride.

you need the entire non a/c set of pulleys and proper alt. bracket....

for measurement purposes..

crank with ps.:

pulley1.png

crank without ps:

nonpspulley.jpg

water punp:

pulley2.png

alt bracket:

pulley1-1.jpg

pulley2.png

Thanks all. I'm still not sure though why i can't just use a non A/C water pump pulley and chop off the two front crank grooves. It seems like it would all line up. (pic doesn't show it that well, but the alt lines up with two rear crank grooves perfectly, just not the water pump).
I like the idea of a full set of new pulleys but I'm trying to save money plus I'm in the UK so it all adds up quickly. Plus I like taking a grinder to things ;)
Thanks again.

I like the idea of a full set of new pulleys but I'm trying to save money

no one said to buy "new" pulleys. look at the measurements for those new pulleys ti find what you need used.

if you want to half *** it and just cut the crank pulley then do that.. what do we care? :)

-
Back