Exhaust ideas!

-

crazyswede

Reaction score
Im getting a new exhaust for my valiant L6 and will be getting dual tips on it mainly for looks. I do wonder what would be the best way of doing it. Split it right where the first pipe comes down with a Y-tube and then go dual all the way back or maybe split it after a single muffler with dual outlets?

If anyone here done a similar job i would love to see some pics for inspiration. I hate to buy stuff on random so i need a plan before i shop.

With regards
Staffan

Splitting after the muffler is not usually feasible because the suspension (axle, springs, shocks) and fuel tank are in the way. Most of your cross-over room will be up front, near the engine/transmission. One alternative idea would be to get the muffler with twin outlets, then run dual pipes out side by side. It would be different.

Here are a few pictures of my 65 Dart with a slant and dual 2" exhaust all the way back...

Waggin (member here) made up the special exhaust manifolds by cutting a stock slant exhaust in two and welding a flange on the other side.. He did another set for memike also...

Here are some pictures of it near the engine, I have 2" dynomax super turbo mufflers all the way to the back and bent to each side so the exhaust doesn't go in the tailgate if it's down...

Oh, that's a Holley 2300 2bbl on top also....

View attachment Wagon Carb A01 B.jpg

View attachment Wagon Carb A05 B.jpg

View attachment Wagon Carb A07 B.jpg

Yeah im quite aware of the different parts out there. What i was looking for is anyone that built a similar one and have photos of it. I would Love a pair of headers but they are damn near impossible to find here along with any parts to the slant that isnt just sparks or filters. And paying close to 1200 usd with shipping isnt an option. Unless anyone here sits on a .dwg file of the exhaust flanges. Then i could probably make My own headers at work.

-
Back