exhaust is done!!!!!

-

swifter

Reaction score
Just done on wed. front end alignment today....

Attachments

• 100_2660 (Medium).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 527
  • 100_2661 (Medium).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 509
  • 100_2663 (Medium).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 564
  • 100_2666 (Medium).jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 519
  • 100_2667 (Medium).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 532
  • 100_2668 (Medium).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 546
This thing with 3in has a amazing tone unreal deep sound and the thump from the cam is just stupid--Will try to get my daughter to help with video--Steve

Looks like the date on your camera is off, or do you have a time machine? ;)

Looks really nice and well thought out, tucks up nice, and the welds look beautiful. Nice work.

Bunch of obligatory questions:

That looks really nice, is it 3"?
Did you buy a kit or piece it together yourself?
How loud is it with the cut-outs open?
Do the cut-out leak?

Oh yeah, and X2 on the sound clip!!!!

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Magnificent!!

I too would be interested in specifics of parts/ pieces used from headers back

Cool! But I would angle the down turns from straight down to a 45 (pointed to the outside of the car) so you can at least hear yourself think with them open.

Looks great and the downturn pipes are a sensible add on - My old cut outs used to make kids drop their ice creams !!

Very nice lookin exhaust setup. X2 on exhaust question, if you bought a kit or peiced it together.

Custom exhaust from straight pipe--NO i did not do it ,I like helping out the small business owners in the area,I'm one myself so if I can help out I do so!!!!!!! Father and son business--Grafton Exhaust about 5 miles from me--TTi headers--Race ready exhaust y's,Race ready cut-out's,3in x from pypes,All 3in front to back,Dyno-pro glass packs,Stainless tips,Yes it was custom bent from front to back--$538.00 when all said and done--Steve

Custom exhaust from straight pipe--NO i did not do it ,I like helping out the small business owners in the area,I'm one myself so if I can help out I do so!!!!!!! Father and son business--Grafton Exhaust about 5 miles from me--TTi headers--Race ready exhaust y's,Race ready cut-out's,3in x from pypes,All 3in front to back,Dyno-pro glass packs,Stainless tips,Yes it was custom bent from front to back--$538.00 when all said and done--Steve

So as far as the price, that wasn't the total for the electric cutouts, pipe, mufflers, and installation was it? Seems like I can't even find a set of those electric cutouts alone for less than $300. If you got the entire thing done for $538, that's a heck of a deal! Do tell!

The exhaust came out very nice by the way!

my guess is that was just for the pipes and labor. No headers, X pipe, cut outs or mufflers included.

Nope SORRY---headers where on,I bought the cut-outs and the x-pipe---That was the pipe bending,The pipe,tips and labor--Steve

I first thought I made a mistake on the tips,But they are growing on me and the growl is outstanding--Steve

Does it seal off the longpipes when you open the short ones or just leave everyything open? Looks like a great setup!

I agree with AdamR...sound clip!!!!!

i ordered the x pipe from the dyno shop I go to,Strange thing is the box had no name on it or does the receipt ,But what i will tell you about it is it is completely open inside what i mean is it is NOT 2 pipes just cut a little and welded,It is 4 separate 3in sections welded with a open center,I hope I'm making sense with that description.I think that is where part of the bark this baby has now--- If you want I'll call brad and find out the manufacturer for you .Steve

This thread is worthless without sound clips! C'mon dude where are they? lol

Brad from West Bend Dyno has those x-pipes cutom made from us supply or something like that,If you want one go to wbdyno.com and e-mail him--Steve

Cool! But I would angle the down turns from straight down to a 45 (pointed to the outside of the car) so you can at least hear yourself think with them open.
Hi Steve it was good to meet you last Saturday sorry I didn't get back to talk to you more, maybe next time, your car has to be seen to really appreciate it, I think it's killer!! I also have cutouts and you do want to turn them 45 degrees like 1970Duster said. Did you get your carb issues solved??

-
Back