exhaust kits?

-
I used TTI on my original Big block car , I wanted them in the stock location , they didn't fit in the stock location without MAJOR modification.

The kits from Summit and Jegs assume you have Hooker headers meaing the S pipe that goes between the collector and the intermediate pipes will likely require some modifications to line up properly if you don't have Hookers.

I got a 2.5" kit from Summit and also added the Summit x-pipe so everything from the muffler forward was modified quite a bit.

I had a small block 340 in my car before with TTI's small block headers and 2 1/2 inch "X" pipe setup from them also....the Shumacher's presented a problem with hooking them up to the same exhaust....here is what I did and you will probably have to do to..whether or not you do it yourself or a muffler shop does it for you....8)

I had a muffler shop bend a 35 degree for the driver's side and I welded it....

IMG00164-20100406-2143.jpg

I found a 45 degree elbow and one straight piece at auto parts store for passenger side...

IMG00150-20100403-1521-1.jpg

This it what I did until I can get it to a muffler shop and have them make it one piece....any kit you get you will have to do something like what I had to do..8)

I went to my local Muffler Shop here in Huntington Beach to have them connect my Schumacher Tri-Ys to an exhaust system...

I used one from Jegs with Schumacher headers. It was a really nice kit. The kit came with alot of different bends you can cut, to run the pipes anywhere you want.

Anyone have any info on exhaust for fenderwell headers....or pictures of how they ran it. I don`t really want pipes sticking way down under the car. Am considering some short Purple Hornies with side exit. Would love to see some alternitives.

-
Back