[WANTED] exhaust manifold anti rattle spring

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a photo. There is the coil spring and the thermostat spring.

I assume you mean the coil spring but not sure

How about a photo. There is the coil spring and the thermostat spring.

I assume you mean the coil spring but not sure
Dana67Dart, Thanks for the reply. Its called a anti rattle spring and its on the opposite side off the thermostat coil on the 65 Barracuda 273 exhaust manifold. It sets in the two grooves that are on two pins that stick out. And if I had a picture I would post one but I read up on it and it stops the Heat Riser from (Rattling). I don't know exactly what they look like so that's why I ask. Thanks Joe

If it's anything like the one on the 340 heat riser, it doesn't do a very good job of preventing rattling. :lol:

It looks like the spring I the center of photo closest to the butterfly.
the kit may or may not be the correct one for your application. For illustration only
Screenshot_20200922-161133.png

If it's anything like the one on the 340 heat riser, it doesn't do a very good job of preventing rattling. :lol:
FJRdoc, Yeah, I figured as much but since I'm rebuilding it and seen the grooves in the pins I would look in to it. I would think something like that heating up as it does would not last. Thanks Joe.

It looks like the spring I the center of photo closest to the butterfly.
the kit may or may not be the correct one for your application. For illustration only
View attachment 1715599419
Dana67Dart, Since that's a rebuild kit and the only spring in it and it looks like it would fit where I'm talking about that must be it. Every thing works fine with the other parts in the manifold and now that I have an idea what it looks like I could probably get something like that in a hardware store. Thank you very much for the pictures and the help. Joe.

The spring goes over the shaft and a pin on the manifold.

All it does is keep some tension on the shaft, and keep the rattling to a minimum.

Check Ace Hardware, they have a lot of misc things like that.

Also the spring on mine is not particularly strong.

The spring goes over the shaft and a pin on the manifold.

All it does is keep some tension on the shaft, and keep the rattling to a minimum.

Check Ace Hardware, they have a lot of misc things like that.

Also the spring on mine is not particularly strong.
Yes, I understand it's one of those things with or without and has nothing to do with the way the car is going to run. Thanks again, Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back