exhaust manifolds for 67 barracuda with 383

-

msj1959

Reaction score
Any suggestions for exhaust manifolds for my 67 with 383? The freeze plugs are done and I'm planning on pulling the engine for a rebuild and want to upgrade the exhaust manifolds. I will probably replace the intake manifold and the carb as well. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Mike

my passenger side is # 2899876, which is a 70-73 big block manifold....and i'd imagine the driver's side is the same, but different number for driver's side....i don't see a number on it anywhere....but they fit really well.....i'm going to get headers, so if you need manifolds, i may be a good source.....

HI this is kevin from farmington michigan.I would like to no if theses exhaust manfolds are still around .You said you were going to a set of headers?I am working on a project mopar 440 in a duster and have got the engine now in the car .Let me no on the cost you will sell these would like to purchase for my car thanks Kevin .248-476-7008 [email protected] MOPARS RULE! This is the ad i read on a body only My passenger side is # 2899876, which is a 70-73 big block manifold....and i'd imagine the driver's side is the same, but different number for driver's side....i don't see a number on it anywhere....but they fit really well.....i'm going to get headers, so if you need manifolds, i may be a good source.....

You can run b-body HP manifolds. There may be a need to shorten the outer sleeve on the steering column up to the firewall. That need is there if you run the 67 driver side manifold on a 383 (won't fit with a 440) or with the 68-73 manifolds on an RB. I have a 383 with some 73 manifolds in my 67 Barracuda, but I have yet to install the steering column.

If your '67 Formula 'S' has the original manifolds, I suggest that you keep them if you do go with other manifolds.
If not, they are still @ a $600 pair of manifolds on the market, maybe more.

Mark.

I`ve heard that Layson`s sells a LH manifold that will outflow the factory unit but I have no personal experience with it. For the right side you can use the HP B-body unit as Jim said. You might take a look at Bigblockdart.com ,I`ve seen articles on there in regards to this same question.

There's really no flow difference between the a-body and b-body right side manifold, just a slight difference in the downpipe portion.

-
Back