[WANTED] Exhaust manifolds Poly 318

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be able to help you with that.. I've got a friend with a couple of engines laying around.. Give me a day or two.. I suppose I should ask if it matters what body they're going into.. Will clearance be an issue?

Have to be careful here, as the 62 and newer will not clear the bellhousing in the same way on a 61. Also dont forget the generator vs alternator issue.

Have to be careful here, as the 62 and newer will not clear the bellhousing in the same way on a 61. Also dont forget the generator vs alternator issue.
I don't know if clearance is an issue, I think there is space enough, the poly 318 is going to be build in in my 59 Dodge coronet, so I think that's an easy job. The generator is bolt on the cylinderhead, not on te exhaust manifold, so that must not be a problem. I use a cast iron 3spd torqueflite(with pb), I have no idea which manifold will clear the bellhousing....

I don't know if clearance is an issue, I think there is space enough, the poly 318 is going to be build in in my 59 Dodge coronet, so I think that's an easy job. The generator is bolt on the cylinderhead, not on te exhaust manifold, so that must not be a problem. I use a cast iron 3spd torqueflite(with pb), I have no idea which manifold will clear the bellhousing....
I have some nos if you can furnish casting #s.Also have a cast iron cable operated trans that the seller told me was rebuilt and had come from a desoto. Don't remember the year. Casting #s would help here also i guess.

I have some nos if you can furnish casting #s.Also have a cast iron cable operated trans that the seller told me was rebuilt and had come from a desoto. Don't remember the year. Casting #s would help here also i guess.
castingnrs: RH 2129194 LH 2129198/2268127 and maybe there are more manifolds with different numbers that fit...
I hav already an cast iron torqueflite with pb

Thanks Wim

castingnrs: RH 2129194 LH 2129198/2268127 and maybe there are more manifolds with different numbers that fit...
I hav already an cast iron torqueflite with pb

Thanks Wim
out of town most of day tomorrow to doctor. Will check #s when I get back. Try to get back with you by friday. If I forget, ring my bee. Jerry

I need 2 exhaust manifolds for my 1961 poly 318, who can help me??

Thanks Wim
None of my #s match yours. Some of these may be for the old hemis. The angles for the outer ports are not the same. some are at an angle some are vertical, and some are horizontal which I think are big block. I have 1945091, 2463107,1134902-1, and 1676372. Also 2843966. Duplicate of some. Jerry

None of my #s match yours. Some of these may be for the old hemis. The angles for the outer ports are not the same. some are at an angle some are vertical, and some are horizontal which I think are big block. I have 1945091, 2463107,1134902-1, and 1676372. Also 2843966. Duplicate of some. Jerry
Hi Jerry, Thanks for the search for the manifolds, I am not sure I need them right now, a friend of me maybe has a complete poly 318 for me include the manifolds. I let you know if I still need them. Wim

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back