Exhaust Port Config of LA vs Magnum Head

-

340inabbody

Reaction score
Can you guy comment on the compatibility of headers I am using on my stock cast 340 heads to that of an Eddy for a Magnum? Can they do they …. Port matching?

Can you guy comment on the compatibility of headers I am using on my stock cast 340 heads to that of an Eddy for a Magnum? Can they do they …. Port matching?

Yes, same headers will work with all 3 configurations. To the best of my knowledge the only small block heads that have a different header flange requirement are the W2/W5 types

Flange yes, but there was some header fitment issues with some of the aftermarket iron Magnum heads.
(IIRC)

Flange yes, but there was some header fitment issues with some of the aftermarket iron Magnum heads.
(IIRC)

Only thing I can think of is the ports dont match exatly- IIRC the magnum style port exhaust floor sits higher than the header floor, but it still seals. Haven't run into problems with EQ's or RHS heads with header fitment.

This is good news……So it sounds like there was some thought to the header flange and port design through the years. Possibly to have backward compatibility with exhaust manifolds?.

-
Back