Extreme Trivia

-

grumpuscreature

Resident Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Got this today in the Rock Auto newsletter and thought I would pass it along....

The ZAZ Zaporozhets was the Soviet Union's least expensive car. More than 3 million "Zappos" with air-cooled, rear mounted engines were built at the ZAZ factory in the Ukraine from the 1960s until the early 1990s. What was the Zaporozhets' unique innovation?

A. composite brake pads made primarily of ground poultry bones and melamine
B. the spare tire covered with an upholstered pad was the base and bottom cushion of the front passenger seat
C. the passenger side floor pan was a removable hatch for ice fishing
D. all of the above

Answer below

C.

Now that is a idea that could be done over here. But I don't fish,I may have to pick it up again.

Is it really worse than the E. German Trabant?

ANYTHING that starts out, "well it does have a 2 stroke engine" is a non-starter in my book.

driving_veb_sachsenring_trabant_601_006.jpg

If i'm not mistaken, that car was featured on top gear when they showcased a bunch of old soviet union era cars.

Maybe thats what the holes in my Duster floor were for... LOL

Looks like it provides plenty of leg room

I seen that they was built for people that had only one leg so it could be driven by war vets, a whopping 27 to 41 hp between 66 and 72 :D

i think around here the hatch would be used to set your beer on the ground when you get pulled over.....and it wouldnt be the first time Ive....er....heard of that being done. :D

-
Back