Eyebrow / fender extension trim

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a set of chrome eyebrow trim for my 72 Demon. I recently learned that the 72's may be different from 70 - 71's.. Deep and shallow..?
I mentioned this to the seller and he responded that what he has are the "deeper" ones for the 71 -72's.. and like I said, I thought the 72's were shallow...lol.
Is there a measurement I can go by, or a telltale visual difference to look for..? This project has just about bankrupted me so I'd rather not spend on something that's not going to work.. Here's a pic of what's being offered to me. Also, if someone out there has a nice set that for sure will work on my 72...help a brother out..! lol
Thanks in advance..!
Screenshot_20211208-060649~2.png

Be pends on the fender/extension you have on your car. A measure of the extensions and I believe the amount of screws that hold them on are different.

Here they are (not for sale). Side by side it is obvious. Left are '70-'71 (deep) and right is '72 (shallow). Hope they help.

Edit: BTW....Make sure that you do in fact have '72 fender extensions. Someone may have changed them out. IIRC 70-71 grills will work with 72 fender extensions and vice-versa.

IMG_1764.JPG

IMG_1766.JPG

Last edited:
Here they are (not for sale). Side by side it is obvious. Left are '70-'71 (deep) and right is '72 (shallow). Hope they help.

Edit: BTW....Make sure that you do in fact have '72 fender extensions. Someone may have changed them out. IIRC 70-71 grills will work with 72 fender extensions and vice-versa.

View attachment 1715832895

View attachment 1715832896
Wow... huge difference. My car still has original paint, so pretty sure the extensions will be correct for 72.. Unless for some oddity earlier ones were put on from factory, left overs perhaps, if that even happens..
Thanks for your time, info and pics..! Helps me out tremendously..and keeps me from spending $ on wrong parts..

Makes a deference when your car was made too. My '72 Dart was built in August of '71, it has the 3 screw extensions.

Makes a deference when your car was made too. My '72 Dart was built in August of '71, it has the 3 screw extensions.
Mine is. 12/71.. I will be checking for sure when I get home.

I have seen both styles factory original on 72's so I bet it was a mid year change. Best thing to do is count your mounting holes and get the trim to match your extensions.
To further complicate things, there are also fiberglass extensions. Im pretty sure the trim was interchangeable between the fiberglass and pot metal ones. Not sure but I think the fiberglass ones were probably 70 only.

-
Back