Ez Efi 1.0 fuel injection. Anyone with experience with it?

-

This Bad Demon

Reaction score
Good day. I have the Fast Ez Efi 1.0 installed on my Demon. I been running the system for about a year now...Been through the electrical gremlins with it also replacing fuel pumps. The problem I'm having is under acceleration (anything more than 1/4 throttle) the AFR goes extremely lean and loses power and fall on its face ....15.8 or 15.9. If I back off the throttle she catch herself and start pulling with the AFR round 13.8....The fuel pump is "new"....Its not a Walbro but a pump I bought for a 98 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9 litre engine... (To bring in parts over here gets expensive hence the reason I gone with that pump)....I reset the tune after feeling the problem but it's still there. Any idea as what could be causing the lean condition?
13.5 idle afr
13.8 cruise afr
11.8 WOT afr

Good day. I have the Fast Ez Efi 1.0 installed on my Demon. I been running the system for about a year now...Been through the electrical gremlins with it also replacing fuel pumps. The problem I'm having is under acceleration (anything more than 1/4 throttle) the AFR goes extremely lean and loses power and fall on its face ....15.8 or 15.9. If I back off the throttle she catch herself and start pulling with the AFR round 13.8....The fuel pump is "new"....Its not a Walbro but a pump I bought for a 98 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9 litre engine... (To bring in parts over here gets expensive hence the reason I gone with that pump)....I reset the tune after feeling the problem but it's still there. Any idea as what could be causing the lean condition?
13.5 idle afr
13.8 cruise afr
11.8 WOT afr

This kit has a very restrictive fuel filter that drove me crazy. If you have one, remove it.

Hey is that the filter by the throttle body? I did take it apart and looked at the gold screen when I was having issues with the electrical side of the fuel pump but I put it back in...Is that the one you're talking about?

I put one on a 64 impala SS 454. I eventually got it to run ok most of the time. I had nothing but issues with it. electrical issues, fuel pump issues, filter issues. Same stuff as above.

I put one on a 64 impala SS 454. I eventually got it to run ok most of the time. I had nothing but issues with it. electrical issues, fuel pump issues, filter issues. Same stuff as above.

Ok....Yeah I've gone through the electrical part causing me to think it's the fuel pumps...After 3 of them and sorting out power and ground to it I THINK I have that covered finally....lol

Yes, throw the gold filter FAR away.

Ok....What do I run in place of it? The problem I'm having now is under mid to heavy acceleration the AFR graph pegs to the right and the numbers go to 15.8 or 15.9 and stay there until I lift off the throttle...Falls on its face with no acceleration. I adjusted the idle ACT to 12.8 Cruise to 13.0 and WOT to 11.8....I was not able to test drive after finishing....My belly started growling...lol...
Do you think it's a tuning issue I'm facing now?

If you are using their inline pump, there is a filter built into the inlet of the pump. Check to make sure it is not clogged.
I`m using their inline pump on a 2.0, it doesn`t have a filter in it`s inlet. I have two 1/2" filters coming out of two outlets on the tank, going in to a y , then into the pump. w/ the supplied filter in the system in the front, mounted on the right front fender. diff. system, but it works great so far. maybe this`ll help.

I`m using their inline pump on a 2.0, it doesn`t have a filter in it`s inlet. I have two 1/2" filters coming out of two outlets on the tank, going in to a y , then into the pump. w/ the supplied filter in the system in the front, mounted on the right front fender. diff. system, but it works great so far. maybe this`ll help.

I have the in tank setup with the 1.0 version...Im having issues with it leaning out under acceleration. New pump....Not a Walbro but it's one thats listed for a 1998 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9 litre...

You could try posting your question here at cpgnation.com.

-
Back