Ez efi 2.0

-

wireweld

Reaction score
FAST™ EZ-EFI 2.0® Self Tuning Fuel Injection System

Tagged under: Racing & Performance

Company Media Contact Information
Memphis, TN – The next generation of the revolutionary self tuning EZ-EFI® system features ignition control, a refined, higher flowing and higher horsepower capable throttle body and greater tuning optimization for any engine making up to 1200 horsepower.

The original FAST™ EZ-EFI® changed self tuning fuel injection forever with the industry’s easiest carburetor to EFI conversion option. Now the EZ-EFI 2.0® has been upgraded with more features than ever before, while maintaining its ease of use that doesn’t require a laptop or tuning experience and tunes itself as the user drives. Its eight-injector, die cast throttle body supports up to 1200 horsepower (the highest on the market), includes ignition timing control and is able to run E98, E85 and E15 ethanol blend fuels while competing versions cannot. It flows more air than the first generation EZ-EFI® throttle body due to an improved inlet, while a new secondary shaft throttle stop adjustment provides even more precise idle airflow adjustment and balance. Meanwhile, an industry exclusive and unique to FAST™ integrated fuel pulse damper creates ultra-precise fuel control. The EZ-EFI 2.0® also incorporates needle-bearing supported shafts instead of bushings and an integrated fuel rail design with crossover for tighter packaging. Setup includes the market’s fewest connection wires, including a new high-quality wiring harness and a sleek mesh-type loom.

The EZ-EFI 2.0® has an updated hand-held as well, featuring the industry’s only color touch screen and an LED diagnostic feature that includes on-board diagnostics and EZ-Test™ Indicator Lights. Self-powered through the ECU, it shares the same mounting points as the Garmin Nuvi GPS, meaning there are nearly limitless mounting options. The FAST™ EZ-EFI 2.0® works with either generation’s throttle body, multi-port systems, dual quad systems and Inglese™ throttle bodies, and is compatible with multiple fuel pump options including in-tank, inline, high-horsepower inline, return style and returnless style. The EZ-Ignition™ features an EZ-Solution™ option, meaning that it can work with most common ignition systems, while precision control requires a FAST™ distributor or crank trigger. The patent-pending EZ-EFI 2.0® is 100 percent designed and engineered by FAST™ and includes a limited lifetime warranty backed by the industry’s most extensive technical support team.

Quick Facts

Product: FAST™ EZ-EFI 2.0® Self Tuning Fuel Injection System
Part Number: Application Specific (See Chart)

Social Media Pitch: FAST™ EZ-EFI 2.0® features ignition control, a higher HP capable throttle body & more tuning optimization for engines making up to 1200 HP

Features & Benefits:
•Higher flowing & higher HP capable throttle body for engines making up to 1200 HP
•Maintains ease-of-use that doesn’t require a laptop or previous tuning experience
•Able to run E98, E85 & E15 ethanol blend fuels as opposed to competitor versions that cannot
•Fuel pulse damper creates extremely precise fuel control
•Features market’s fewest connection wires, including sleek wiring harness & mesh-type loom
•Updated hand-held features the industry’s only color touch screen & shares the same mounting points as Garmin Nuvi GPS for almost limitless mounting options
•Works with EZ-EFI® or Inglese™ throttle bodies, multi-port systems & dual quad systems
•Compatible with multiple fuel pump options
•EZ-Solution™ option to allow integration with most common ignition systems
•Includes limited lifetime warranty & backed by the industry’s most extensive technical support

Download Original

Download Original

Download Original

Download Original

Can it be true?

This one looks to run e85, but can it run nitrous or boost?

yeah that was the killer for me. I was ready to spring for ez efi until i found it couldnt do n20 or boost.

Well technically you can run nitrous, you just need to set the AFR at what it should be at full throttle with nitrous before you spray then put it back to normal when you dont. It has been done. Just called and they said most likely won't be out till next year. Guess I will be saving!

I'm a little upset that I have a Ez efi waiting to on and this shows up. From what I've read doesn't seem to add much more over the current model. I don't care to run E85 so that doesn't matter to me. The plus is the power potential contingent with your fuel system. No talk of a power adder capable, so I don't see the point. I have voiced my opinion on their tech forums and they didn't seem to interested on feed back. I had planned to drop my nitrous from the start, but am bummed slightly I won't be able to use it either.

Fst73_360. It stand to make sense as long as you can get the set point targeted right it would work, but Im not willing to test it. I would have to see evidence and insight on how it has been achieved.

I'm a little upset that I have a Ez efi waiting to on and this shows up. From what I've read doesn't seem to add much more over the current model. I don't care to run E85 so that doesn't matter to me. The plus is the power potential contingent with your fuel system. No talk of a power adder capable, so I don't see the point. I have voiced my opinion on their tech forums and they didn't seem to interested on feed back. I had planned to drop my nitrous from the start, but am bummed slightly I won't be able to use it either.

Fst73_360. It stand to make sense as long as you can get the set point targeted right it would work, but Im not willing to test it. I would have to see evidence and insight on how it has been achieved.

If nitrous was gonna have a chance you would basically have to set it up like a carb nos system. No way could the ez efi be used for fuel enrichment it just doesn't adjust fast enough.

If nitrous was gonna have a chance you would basically have to set it up like a carb nos system. No way could the ez efi be used for fuel enrichment it just doesn't adjust fast enough.

Yeah, I completely understand that. I have a Zex plate kit I ran on my old 340. I was refering to the Ez efi still trying to adjust the A/F when you spray. If you sprey to rich the ECU would try to lean out and that could be bad. Like I said I think its possible to get away with it, I just dont wont to be the guinea pig with my new setup.

It would be very simply of a fix for F.A.S.T to solve but they just don't seem to care for the improvements, and now that this new system has come to light I understand that its a marketing thing. Its great for them if they can get you to buy a whole new system instead of a simple upgrade of the current system, thats money in the bank for them. The current ECU would only have to have a way to turn off the learning curve after it has had enough time to learn it. Once it has all the fuel table set and you could turn of the learning curve and spray away and not have to worry about it trying to adjust. Because currently will it not only try to adjust on the fly but it will mess up the fuel tables for when your not spraying and will have to learn them all over again as well. Thats the delema.

I know this is a stupid question to the knowledgeable but, Oh God, what is vacuum???

This says you need 9" of vacuum to be able to use it. Anyone?

Engine will be a streetable roller cam 410 stroker with stage 3 ported eddy heads and air gap

I know this is a stupid question to the knowledgeable but, Oh God, what is vacuum???

This says you need 9" of vacuum to be able to use it. Anyone?

Engine will be a streetable roller cam 410 stroker with stage 3 ported eddy heads and air gap

You get a vacuum gauge and put it on the port of the carb and that will tell you how much you have.

is there anyway to build the engine with a specific vacuum needed ie the 9 inches of mercury needed for the ez-efi. What is normal vacuum on a stroker?

I think you want to minimize intake and exhaust valve overlap. One way to do this is delay the intake valve opening. This was done on the 2.2L 4cyl. There are some SAE papers written about it. Power loss is minimal.

I use special MAP sampling strategy that works well regardless of cam. I use a method that accurately measure intake charge air. I build the ECU's and write the firmware for all that. It is my hobby.

is there anyway to build the engine with a specific vacuum needed ie the 9 inches of mercury needed for the ez-efi. What is normal vacuum on a stroker?

Usually the Vacuum is directly a product of compression and camshaft.

Location of the MAP source vacuum is important. One runner on a single plane intake may be problematic. A centered location is important.

For a decent speed density EFI system, I have found multiple weighted MAP samples, over a synchronous interval works quite well.

For high performance individual runner systems, it is possible to plumb sum the vacuum signals.

TPS fuel enrichment for both position, and derivatives of position help resolve drive-ability and peak power issues.

With the number of tuning variables at hand, I fail to comprehend magic automatic tuning for the universal EFI. The tuning variables must be correctly adjusted, for specific conditions. Some think MAF or WBO2 are magic too. They also require enrichments and other adjustments for drive-ability and peak power.

Wbo2 will work reading lambda, however the afr differs. My tuning uses lambda tables so all is well. For instruments without afr rescale, reading will be incorrect.

If it can accept E98 and is self tuning, how do O2 sensors act with alcohol ?

X2---Seems to me that even the 15% 'er whatever stuff has got to be different A/F that the "old gas."

-
Back