EZ wire Hazard switch

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
My 68 cuda was a race car and does not have a hazard switch
How do I wire in a hazard switch on a toggle switch and help would be appreciated
I stumped here

Thanks

very basic - replace fan in image with hazard ~ don't use a momentary switch, you want a stays on/off
IllRockerDiagram.jpg

Which EZ harness are you using?

It was a special switch. Four terminal --when off, all 4 were isolated, when on, all 4 are connected together

You wire up a hazard flasher to constant hot power and feed that to one terminal of the switch
You connect one switch terminal and branch into the brake like switch output (to the TS switch)
You connect one terminal to the front left signal lamp wire
You connect the last terminal to the front right signal lamp were

So "when on" the lamp connects flasher output to the brake line going into the TS switch and to the left and the right front lamps.

You used to be able to buy "add on" hazard switches which usually were unitized with a flasher attached

It was a special switch. Four terminal --when off, all 4 were isolated, when on, all 4 are connected together

You wire up a hazard flasher to constant hot power and feed that to one terminal of the switch
You connect one switch terminal and branch into the brake like switch output (to the TS switch)
You connect one terminal to the front left signal lamp wire
You connect the last terminal to the front right signal lamp were

So "when on" the lamp connects flasher output to the brake line going into the TS switch and to the left and the right front lamps.

You used to be able to buy "add on" hazard switches which usually were unitized with a flasher attached
if he keeps the OEM wiring to his lights and splices in the EZ harness (which has directional and hazard flasher built in) correctly then I would think he can use a simple on/off toggle, no? The pull/push switch on the side of the steering column is nothing special IIRC.

if he keeps the OEM wiring to his lights and splices in the EZ harness (which has directional and hazard flasher built in) correctly then I would think he can use a simple on/off toggle, no? The pull/push switch on the side of the steering column is nothing special IIRC.

I have removed the stock wiring
I will have to create a separate hazard switch
thanks everyone

21 fuse mini so it has a hazard wire
i will try this
That is designed to feed the hazard flasher which on a locking column car simply ties into the hazard flasher wire into the TS switch. I'm guessing there's a socket in your fuse panel?? for both the turn and hazard flasher?

You still need a separate switch. you could do it with a switch and 3 pole relay, and maybe a 3 pole toggle switch and some diodes........or maybe a SINGLE pole switch and 3 or 4 diodes. They would have to carry the current of the lamps so you would want say, 5A diodes or so

Pretty sure this will work. "Stock" TS wiring is unchanged except you branch into the brake switch output line, and the front left and front right lamp wires. Toggle/ pull/ rocker switch should likely be 20A rated, diodes 5A or more at 24V or more PIV The bar on the diodes corresponds to the bar on the diagram

Hazardsw.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back