EZ wire ignition question

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
Hello all, I have the EZ wire harness and have a question about the ignition switch. I have read many previous posts on this forum and I am a bit confused on the proper way to wire this up. I have attached a pic on how I think this should go. On the pic it shows that I will be splicing IGN1 and IGN2 on the Mopar side of the switch and connecting them to the pink coil and brown IGN wires on the EZ harness. The yellow Mopar side wire will go to starter relay. I am using a MSD 6AL so I will not be hooking any of these wires to the coil. My MSD power wire will be the pink coil positive wire coming from the EZ fuse box with a 30 amp fuse. Is this correct?

image.jpeg

Clarify: Your pink power wire is "ignition run" The MSD has a "LARGE" red and a "small" red. The small red acts like a relay trigger. THAT is the wire you want wired to the pink

The MSD "large red" and "large black" are to be hooked direct to battery, the red of course fused.

The IGN1--IGN2 jumper is correct. The reason for this is that IGN1 "run" goes dead during cranking. The IGN2 used to go to the coil + side of the ballast to provide full voltage for start, IE the coil resistor bypass. So the IGN2 in your case will provide start voltage for the ignition system

So the pink coil positive from fuse box goes to MSD small red. And every thing else looks good on the ignition?

What size of fuse shall I use for the MSD power wire that hooks to battery?

it`s been a while, but I had to tie 3 wires together at the ign. switch, of course Sean at e z figured it out. was over my head !

Don't the MSD destructions specify? Judging from the wire size "I'd guess" a 20A inline.

Figures. MSD wants you to believe they are the kings and queens of ignition, yet they leave out a fuse. Now you are NOT going to protect anything in the box with a fuse, the only thing you are "protecting" is if something really happens, you are keeping the rest of the wire feeding it from becoming a smoking mess.

And I've seen a few of those messes on older cars, which were poorly fused.

-
Back